The Democratize LD Invitational
2020 — Online, US
Welcome to the Second Democratize Debate Invitational!
We are excited to host you yet again for another great tournament experience, attracting international competitors! As before all proceeds from this tournament will go to the charity democratizedebate.org
This charity aims to break down barriers in the exclusive Speech and Debate Society by helping find resources for those in need and funding those where it is deemed necessary!
This tournament will run similarly to our last tournament on Slack and Zoom. However, this time there will be a lot more automation involved in the Zoom rooms that will allow for a smoother tournament experience for even those inexperienced with using our platforms!
Note: We mandate that all judges have paradigms and in LD, are comfortable with the circuit
1. High quality judging!! At all of our previous tournaments, we have gotten glowing reviews about our phenomenal judges who try their hardest to make the speech and debate fun, safe and educational!
2. We offer trophies as a little take-home reward for those who perform exceptionally well!
3. A high quality tournament experience with 6 rounds of debating in all debate events!
4. All funds raised will be donated straight to our nonprofit!
5. A seamless virtual experience, with great integration with Slack, Zoom and Tabroom!
LD will be using the JanFeb 2020 Topic -- Resolved: States ought to eliminate their nuclear arsenals
PF Will be using the Nationals 2020 Topic -- Resolved: On balance, charter schools are beneficial to the quality of education in the United States.
All participants should join our Slack at: https://join.slack.com/t/onlinemiddles-zoi5833/shared_invite/zt-e4nzymtw-FvmWFFF3qKUeQQo1hS~sPQ
If you are a judge looking to be hired for our tournament, please follow the instructions found here
Have any questions?
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org