Bay Fundraiser Tournament
2020 — San Jose, CA/US
Welcome to the Bay Fundraiser 2020 Tournament!
For every participating tournament entry, the tournament will donate $5 to the Center for Black Equity organization in support of the BLM movement. Link: https://centerforblackequity.org/
The Basis Fundraiser Tournament link to the discord: https://discord.gg/wXegY9h
The GoFundMe link: gf.me/u/x8xjpi
Donations aren’t necessary but highly recommended if you are able to. Help us reach our goal of $500
*Much of this information is taken from the Zoom and Boom tournament.*
We are proud to host a substance only public forum tournament open to all debaters of all skill levels. The topic for this tournament will be the NSDA SEPTOBER topic.
· Any current high school student may compete.
· Mavericks may compete and two students from different schools may form Hybrid teams.
· Independent entries are not just allowed, but encouraged to signup.
· This is a tournament specifically designed to debate the specified topic, and any non-resolution arguments will be met with L20.
· This is a charity tournament, please do not make this more difficult for everyone involved.
· Trigger Warning for sensitive topics are mandatory, and any practice a majority of the community would find abusive should be warranted in a speech for the judge's discretion.
· We will be running this tournament through discord, with the option of switching to Zoom at the discretion of the judge and members of the round.
· We will be extending prep time to 4 minutes to alleviate the difficulties posed by the online nature of this tournament.
· This tournament has a no-tolerance policy towards any harassment or discrimination. We will automatically kick and remove any violators.
Friday (August 14th, 2020)
R1 5:00 - 7:00 PM
R2 7:30 - 9:30 PM
Saturday (August 15th, 2020)
R3 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
R4 3:00 - 5:00 PM
R5 5:30 - 7:30 PM
R6 8:00 - 10:00 PM
Sunday (August 16th, 2020)
Partial Trips (if needed) 11 AM - Noon
Doubles 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Octos 2 - 3 PM
Quarters 3:30 - 4:30 PM
Semis 5:00 - 6:00 PM
Finals 6:30 - 7:30 PM