Zoom and Boom COVID Classic
2020 — Zoom/Discord, TN/US
Welcome to the 2020 Zoom and Boom COVID Classic!
We're offering the highest quality, trophy awarding, charity-driven online Public Forum tournament to date. Participants will compete for legitimate prizes, be judged by only the best of the best judges personally recruited by tournament organizers, receive in-depth educational criticism post-round, and contribute to a worthwhile cause if they can. Put quite simply: this is the best way to warm up for Nationals! So what are you waiting for? Sign up now!
The link to the discord on which the tournament will be held is here: https://discord.gg/d5zpRXa
The Zoom and Boom Highlights
· Our judging quality is the best possible, better than TOC and any other online tournament you have and will ever compete in. All judges will be graduating high school seniors or older, and all will have plenty of experience with PF.
· After each round you will receive criticism and feedback to help you improve your skill, similar to a practice round at camp.
· If you become the Champion or Top Speaker of the Zoom and Boom Classic you will not only get a trophy, but possibly some other prizes :)
· If you are financially capable of contributing, please donate $5 to the GoFundMe for the Save the Children COVID Crisis Fund. If it is a burden, no worry, still sign up.
· Any current high school student (including Seniors graduating in 2020) may compete.
· No Mavericks may compete, but two students from different schools may form Hybrid teams.
· No anonymous entries or entries under fake names. If found, you will be removed.
· Independent entries are not just allowed, but encouraged to signup.
· This tournament will operate using the mutual preference judging (MPJ) system.
· This is a tournament specifically designed to debating Venezuelan Sanctions, and any non-resolution arguments will be met with L20.
· This is a charity tournament, please do not make this more difficult for everyone involved.
· Trigger Warning for sensitive topics are mandatory, and any practice a majority of the community would find abusive should be warranted in a speech for the judge's discretion.
· We will be running this tournament through discord, with the option of switching to Zoom at the discretion of the judge and members of the round.
· We will be extending prep time to 4 minutes to alleviate the difficulties posed by the online nature of this tournament.
· This tournament has a no-tolerance policy towards any harassment or discrimination. We will automatically kick and remove any violators.
Note: All prelims will be double flighted, we will have panels for all out-rounds except for if partial-triples are required. Elims will also be accelerated if possible. The bracket will NOT be broken. Finally, all times in CST.
Friday (June 5th, 2020)
R1 5:00 - 7:00 PM
R2 7:30 - 9:30 PM
Saturday (June 6th, 2020)
R3 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
R4 2:30 - 4:30 PM
R5 5:00 - 7:00 PM
R6 8:00 - 10:00 PM
Sunday (June 7th, 2020)
Partial Trips (if needed) 11 AM - Noon
Doubles 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Octos 2 - 3 PM
Quarters 3:30 - 4:30 PM
Semis 5:00 - 6:00 PM
Finals 6:30 - 7:30 PM
Save the Children COVID Crisis Fund
More information about Save The Children: Save the Children invests in childhood - every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn, and protection from harm. Especially during the COVID-19 Crisis, our work is of utmost importance. By transforming children's lives now, we change the course of their future and ours. Donate here.