Zoom and Boom COVID Classic
2020 — Zoom, TN/US
Welcome to the 2020 Zoom and Boom COVID Classic!
We're offering the highest quality, trophy awarding, charity-driven online Public Forum tournament to date. Participants will compete for legitimate prizes, be judged by only the best of the best judges personally recruited by tournament organizers, receive in-depth educational criticism post-round, and contribute to a worthwhile cause if they can. Put quite simply: this is the best way to warm up for Nationals! So what are you waiting for? Sign up now!
The Zoom and Boom Highlights
· Our judging quality is the best possible, better than TOC and any other online tournament you have and will ever compete in.
· After each round you will receive criticism and feedback to help you improve your skill, similar to a practice round at camp.
· If you become the Champion or Top Speaker of the Zoom and Boom Classic you will not only get a trophy, but possibly some other prizes :)
· If you are financially capable of contributing, please donate $5 to the GoFundMe for the Save the Children COVID Crisis Fund. If it is a burden, no worry, still sign up.
· Any current high school student (including Seniors graduating in 2020) may compete.
· No Mavericks may compete, but two students from different schools may form Hybrid teams.
· No anonymous entries or entries under fake names. If found, you will be removed.
· Independent entries are not just allowed, but encouraged to signup.
· This tournament will operate using the mutual preference judging (MPJ) system.
· This is a tournament specifically designed to debating Venezuelan Sanctions, and any non-resolution arguments will be met with L25.
· This is a charity tournament, please do not make this more difficult for everyone involved.
· Trigger Warning for sensitive topics are mandatory, and any practice a majority of the community would find abusive should be warranted in a speech for the judge's discretion.
· We will be running this tournament through discord, with the option of switching to Zoom at the discretion of the judge and members of the round.
· We will be extending prep time to 4 minutes to alleviate the difficulties posed by the online nature of this tournament.
· This tournament has a no-tolerance policy towards any harassment or discrimination. We will automatically kick and remove any violators.
Note: All prelims will most likely have to be double flighted, we will have panels for all out-rounds except for if partial-triples are required. Elims will also be accelerated if possible. The bracket will NOT be broken. Finally, all times in CST.
Friday (June 5th, 2020)
R1 5:00 - 7:00 PM
R2 7:30 - 9:30 PM
Saturday (June 6th, 2020)
R3 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
R4 2:00 - 4:00 PM
R5 4:30 - 6:30 PM
R6 8:00 - 10:00 PM
Sunday (June 7th, 2020)
Partial Trips 11 AM - Noon
Doubles 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Octos 2 - 3 PM
Quarters 3:30 - 4:30 PM
Semis 5:00 - 6:00 PM
Finals 6:30 - 7:30 PM
Save the Children COVID Crisis Fund
More information about Save The Children: Save the Children invests in childhood - every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn, and protection from harm. Especially during the COVID-19 Crisis, our work is of utmost importance. By transforming children's lives now, we change the course of their future and ours. Donate here.