Knights SHADE Sacred Heart Annual Debate Event
2019 — Salina, KS/US
November 9, 2019
Dear Debate Coach,
You and your debaters are invited to the Sacred Heart Annual Debate Event that will take place Saturday, November 9, 2019. This is a one-day tournament with five rounds. Divisions: Novice and Open. We can accommodate up to 40 teams. Fees - $6 per team. Registration on Tabroom.com.
Novice Case list is suggested but not required. We highly recommend that your teams stick to the list for the sake of strong and fair competition among novices.
1. We will debate the current 2019-2020 resolution.
2. All KSHSAA rules will be observed – prep time 8 min, roadmap off time, code of conduct, grievances, etc.
3. Entry fees are $6 per team. We will accept a maximum of four teams from each school until we reach our room capacity. Schools requesting extra entries will be notified when additional rooms would become available. If you have to cancel an entry on the night before the tournament, please let me know as soon as possible (785-643-7285, text me!). No-show schools (nobody shows up) will be penalized - $50 per school or $20 per entry – whichever’s greater.
4. Any team that is more than 10 minutes late to a round at no fault of the tournament will forfeit the round and receive the 3-4 ranking.
5. There will be no timekeepers available, so teams should be prepared to time themselves.
6. We will randomly preset the first two rounds and power-match the remaining three rounds.
7. Tab room will be open. Coaches are welcome to come and help.
8. Medals will be given to the top 6 individual teams. Sweeps trophies will be given based on the best 3 entries to the top 3 schools with the teams in both divisions.
9. Coaches and sponsors may be called in to judge one or two rounds if needed.
10. The use of laptops/computers will be allowed, but all wired or wireless communication functions must be disabled prior to the beginning of rounds in which computers are used. Any student found to be communicating with others through text messaging or a wireless network in a round risks disqualification.
11. Please enter your teams by November 1. You will be notified about the additional room availability ASAP.
12. Final numbers are due by Wednesday, November 6.
Saturday, November 9:
Registration: 7:30 a.m.
Round 1: 8:00 a.m.
Round 2: 9:30 a.m.
Round 3: 11:00 a.m.
Lunch 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. NO CONCESSION
Round 4: 1:30 p.m.
Round 5: 3:00 p.m.
Awards: ASAP in the cafeteria
We are looking forward to seeing you at our school!
Sacred Heart High School, 234 E. Cloud St., Salina, KS
School 785-827-4422, Cell 785-643-7285