You are cordially invited to attend the seventh Strake Jesuit Tournament in Houston, TX. We intend to provide a quality tournament experience for all who attend, with a touch of the holidays throughout the event.
To that end, we will offer great trophies, a coach friendly hospitality room, quality judges, and promise to stay on schedule. We will also have experienced tab room personnel, maybe with a little jingle to keep things merry.
We offer a Tournament of Champions (TOC) semis bid in Lincoln-Douglas debate. What will set this tournament apart from others is the quality of our judging. We have contracted with the Texas Debate Collective to provide LD judging. As such, we promise to offer a wide variety of highly preferred judges. Our affiliation with TDC will enable us to draw upon many of the best critics in the country.
- We will have 6 preliminary rounds for Varsity LD.
- Judges will be assigned based off the MPJ system for all events including the PF Round Robin.
- Both Varsity LD and the PF Round Robin will be using the January/February NSDA resolution.
- Included within this invitation is a tentative schedule and general rules.
- We request that all fees be paid in full before the start of the tournament.
- Judge Obligations are as follows:
- One judge is required for every three entries
- Schools can buyout each judging obligation for $150.
- The PF Round Robin will be held on December 21-22, 2019.
Fees will be collected using our online payment portal. Checks and other forms of payment will not be accepted. All entries will be waitlisted pending payment. Once payment has been sent, please kindly wait up to 72 hours for tabroom to update. The link for payment can be found on your school's invoice or here: https://www.strakejesuit.org/student-life/debate/tournament-information
Please feel free to contact any of us with questions.
The holiday spirit will be alive on our beautiful college-like campus. See our school site for more information about our school and community at www.strakejesuit.org
Friday, December 20, 2019
- Registration in Clay Atrium Foyer - 3:00-4:00 P.M.
- Round 1 -- 4:00 P.M.
- Round 2 -- 5:15 P.M.
- Round 3 -- 7:15 P.M.
- Round 4 -- 8:45 P.M.
Saturday, December 21, 2019
- Round 5 -- 8:30 A.M.
- Round 6 -- 10:00 A.M.
- Speaker Awards -- 11:30 A.M.
- Partial Doubles -- 12:15 P.M.
- Octos -- 1:45 P.M.
- Quarters -- 3:15 P.M.
- Semis -- 5:00 P.M.
- Finals -- 6:30 P.M.
See you in December,
Jerry Crist - (979) 997-6841
Murvin Auzenne - (713) 449-2952
Anson Fung - (713) 272-4306
Chris Castillo - (713) 724-2492