CFL Congress State Quals Westmont
Coronavirus Update from Dave Becker and the host of this Tournament - Westmont High School:
While we understand the concerns of each parent, student, and coach, our school district is on top of this and doing everything to keep students safe. Based on suggestions from Scott Odekirk who helped run Speech Tab last weekend, we will be taking extra precautions during the duration of this tournament.
There will be detailed instructions and reminders to all judges and debaters not to shake hands or touch others unless absolutely necessary.
We will have multiple bottles of hand sanitizer around the campus. All food that will be served to students or judges will be done with gloves and under intense supervision.
Notes will be posted on every classroom door, in the library and cafeteria, and by the judges' food.
Standard precautions will be followed and extra care will be provided.
The California High School Speech Association (CHSSA) has sent this poster to all of the Leagues about how to stay healthy. Please check it out! The Tournament Directors for the CHSSA State Tournament have indicated that the State Tournament will not be cancelled or postponed. CHSSA will monitor any changes from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the host school district, the World Health Organization (WHO), and other organizations. If tournament status changes, CHSSA will notify all Leagues on multiple platforms.
CHSSA and the CFL prioritize the safety, health, and welfare of our judges and our students. We will keep everyone updated and notified if the status of the State Qualifiers this weekend changes.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns regarding the tournament.
Important Information about State Quals Congress @ Westmont HS, Sunday, March 8, 2020.
- Legislation is due to me on Legislation is due Thursday, February 6th at 8:00 pm
- Email Word formatted legilation to email@example.com Each school competing must submit a piece of legislation.
- Please send one email with your school's piece(s) of legislation (state priorities if submitting multiple bills). I will likely include one from every school that submits one. It's unlikely any school will author more than two in the packet unless space provides.
- Each school may enter 7 students. They may bring additional wildcards entries up to 14 total entries. They may designate one of those students as a PO. There is no Senate at State Quals. The final session will consist of 20 or 21 competitors.
- If you are entering a Rep as a wildcard, please indicate the tournament where it was earned.
- CFL will qualify 14 Reps and 1 PO to State this year.
- Schools must provide 1 judge for every 7 competitors.
- Judges must bring an electronic device (tablet or laptop preferably)/ have a linked Tabroom account to enter their ballots.
- Beyond Tabroom setups, please inform your judges about the event, how rankings are made, how to provide constructive feedback. Judges should write some comments to each speaker, including areas for improvement.
- Westmont High School, 4805 Westmont Ave, Campbell, CA 95008
- Tab and judges report to the library.
- Student food for purchase. Judges food provided.
Registration 9:00-9:15 (Coaches & Judges meet in the Library)
Judges Instructions: 9:15-9:30
Session 1: 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Lunch Break 11:30 am - 12:15 pm
Session 2: 12:15 pm - 2:15 pm
Break 2:15 pm - 2:45 pm
Super Session: 2:45 pm - 5:15 pm (Bills 6, 7 & 8 from packet)
Awards: 5:45 pm