CFL Congress 1 Gunn
2019 — Palo Alto, CA/US
This tournament will be run concurrently with the novice speech tournament. Students may enter one tournament only.
- Lunch will be provided to adults and available for purchase for students.
- You may enter 1-3 students per school to the Senate. If we have fewer than 12, we will roll the chamber into the Houses. Wildcards go to the top speaker in each House chamber and the top two in the Senate.
- Judges must bring an electronic device/ have a linked Tabroom account to enter their ballots.
- Registration/ Judges will be in library, a room adjoining the library for tabroom.
- Students will meet/ postings will be in: Bow gym
Registration/ Judges Instructions (in library) 9:00 am - 9:30 am
Round 1 9:30 am - 11:50 am (take one break)
Lunch 11:50 am - 12:40 pm
Round 2 12:40 pm - 3:00 pm (take one break)
Awards 3:30 pm (around/ inside Bow Gym)
The packet has been emailed to all CFL coaches, so contact your coach. If all else fails, email me and I'll send you a copy.
The judging ratio is 1:8 entries in each event- you must enter your judges before coming off the waitlist.
Please list any specific student conflicts for your judges (such as their kids or their kids' best friends, etc...)
To submit for Congress #2's legislative packet, please email me your Word-formatted legislation (email@example.com) by Monday, November 4th. Have your bills ready!