Loveland Drums of War Invitational
2019 — Loveland, CO/US
The Loveland High School Speech and Debate team extends a warm welcome and invitation to you and your team to participate in the first varsity tournament of the season: The Loveland Drums of War Invitational on November 2nd, 2019.
A Wave___________________B Wave
Lincoln-Douglas Debate___Public Forum Debate
Student Congress A_______Student Congress B
National Extemp__________International Extemp
Humorous Interp__________Original Oratory
Dramatic Interp__________Informative Speaking
Poetry Interp____________Duo Interp
- A coach or adult responsible for the team (that can judge) must be onsite during the tournament.
- Doubling is not allowed within waves but encouraged across waves since it reduces student idle time.
- In order to run an event, there must be at least 4 competitors/teams. The final determination will be made on Oct., 25th for events that do not have enough competitors.
- Four (4) entries are allowed in all events (Congress A & B are considered separate events). Additional entries will be accommodated if space is available and you can bring judges with you.
- November NSDA resolutions will be used for LD and Public Forum debates.
- CHSAA rules for all events except Congress which will utilize NSDA rules unless noted here.
- The deadline for all Congress legislation is Oct., 26th with the final docket posted on Tabroom by Oct., 28th. Minimum 1 legislation per 4 entries with a max of 4 per team. Templates are also on Tabroom.
- For Congress, no impeaching the PO nor introducing legislation that is not on the final docket.
JUDGING: Every attempt will be made to avoid the use of lay judges in LD rounds and to recruit as many judges as possible. Coaches are encouraged to bring judges with them in order to help ensure that the tournament will run on time. Please bring a judge for 4 debate entries and for 6 event entries. We will be paying $10 per round. Also, have any judges you will be bringing with you register on Tabroom ahead of time and bring a laptop/tablet if they don’t want to use their phone for entering ballots. Coaches may be asked to judge 2 rounds free of charge, and any additional rounds judged will be paid. Coaches not wishing, willing or able to judge may pay an additional $30 judging fee. If you will not be with your team, please send someone who is qualified to judge.
FEES: Registration costs are $9 per events entries; Policy, PF, and Duo are $18; $7 for Congress. Fees must be paid according to pre-registration entry numbers as of Oct. 30th. Make checks payable to Loveland High School with a note “Speech and Debate”.
AWARDS: Trophies will be awarded to all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners; 4th - 6th place will receive ribbons. Superior and Excellent ribbons will also be awarded as merited. In Congress, Outstanding and Superior speakers will be recognized and Presiding Officers will receive gavels.
LUNCH: Lunch will be served to coaches and judges. A concession stand in the commons area will serve pizza and snacks. Unfortunately, there are no restaurants within walking distance of the school.
PRE-REGISTRATION: Registration will be on a first come first serve basis until the tournament fills up. Please submit an accurate as possible registration by Friday, Oct. 25th on the loveland.tabroom.com web site. Entries received after that time may not be granted entry depending on availability. Numbers can be changed without cost until Wed., Oct. 30th.
DAY OF TOURNAMENT: On Nov. 2nd, in order to start the tournament on time, we ask that you bring your team and judges between 7-7:30 AM. Please inform us of your drops by 7:30 am either in person or, if you are running late, please call Patrick DeMartine on his cell phone at (970) 408-0609. This will allow us to schedule much more quickly and get the first round off as close to 8:00 as possible (or before).
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE: Team and judge check-in 7-7:30 am.
8:00 AM Round 1 Wave A (We will start on time, earlier if possible)
9:45 AM Round 1 Wave B
11:30 AM Round 2 Wave A
1:15 PM Round 2 Wave B
3:00 PM Round 3 Wave A
4:45 PM Round 3 Wave B
6:30-7:00 PM Awards (or earlier if possible)
LOCATION: Loveland High School - 920 W 29th St, Loveland, CO 80538
- Front of the school is on the west side of the school
- After unloading students, large buses can park on the east side of the school
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Patrick at (970) 408-0609 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your participation in our tournament!
Make checks payable to Loveland High School. Please submit by October 30th, 2019 to:
Attn: Patrick DeMartine
Loveland High School
920 W 29th St
Loveland, CO 80538
Cell: (970) 408-0609