DSDL 6 Apex Friendship HS
2020 — Apex, NC/US
Dogwood Speech and Debate League Qualifier #6
Host: Apex Friendship HS - 7801 Humie Olive Rd - Apex, NC - 27502
Date: Saturday, February 22nd, 2020
Registration: Day of registration will run between 8:00 am and 8:30 am. Last minute changes should be texted to (205) 746-1907 if they are known prior to arrival.
- Big Questions
- Novice Lincoln Douglas Debate
- Lincoln Douglas Debate
- Novice Public Forum Debate
- Public Forum Debate
- Student Congress
- Dramatic Performance
- Duo Interpretation
- Extemporaneous Speaking
- Impromptu Speaking
- Informative Speaking
- Oral Interpretation of Literature
- Novice Original Oratory
- Original Oratory
- Programmed Oral Interpretation of Literature
Public Forum - Resolved: The United States should replace means-tested welfare programs with a universal basic income.
Lincoln-Douglas Debate - Resolved: States ought to eliminate their nuclear arsenals.
Student Congress: Student Congress legislation should remember the following information in regards to submission:
- Congressional debate entries must be submitted no later than 5:00pm on Wednesday, February 12th, 2020.
- A school that enters competitors in the Congress division is is allowed to submit at least one piece of appropriately formatted legislation.
- Legislation must be submitted to via Tabroom no later than 5:00pm Wednesday, February 12th, 2020.
- Legislation will be posted no later than Monday, February 17th, 2020.
- In order to expedite the release of the legislation packet, the League has adopted templates. They can be found on the website and on Tabroom.
- American Job Market
- Eastern Europe
- Medicine, Science & Technology
- Southeast Asia
- US Criminal Justice
- 21st Century Influential African Americans
- Abstract Words
- Crazy Crayon Names
- Historical Presidential Slogans
Oral Interpretation of Literature:
- Round 1 - Prose
- Round 2 - Poetry
- Round 3 - Prose
- Round 4 - Poetry
- Finals - Prose
We hope to see you there!
Michelle Boswell, Director
Kim Eckstein & Amanda Robinson, Tournament Host