Tournament of Champions
2020 — Lexington, KY/US
If my competitor has two or more bids, should I make travel arrangements if tabroom says they are on the waitlist?
Yes! The tabroom waitlist just means we have not processed your entry fees and principal letter. If one has two or more bids they are fully qualified for the TOC and a spot is reserved for them to compete.
If you have 2 or more bids in a given event
If an entry has two or more bids in an event, they are fully qualified. Fully qualified means they are entitled to compete at the TOC.
1. Submit entries on Tabroom.com by March 2nd, including where bids were earned. The entry will be put on a Tabroom waitlist. This DOES NOT indicate anything about an entry’s qualifications. Being on the waitlist means we have not processed your entry fee and principal letter.
2. Submit entries fees and principal letter by April 1st. You will be removed from the Tabroom waitlist.
If you have less than 2 bids in a given event
If an entry has less than two bids in a given event, they ARE NOT fully qualified. They are not entitled to compete at the TOC and must pursue at-large qualification.
1. Submit entries on Tabroom.com by March 2nd. Be sure to mark the box “at-large” at the time of entering. The entry will be put on a Tabroom waitlist. You are not considered qualified until at-large bids are announced.
2. Submit an at-large application by March 2nd at: http://ci.uky.edu/UKDebate/large-application-0
Submit entries fees and principal letter by April 1st. You will be removed from the Tabroom waitlist.
Note on Silver PF
1. You are fully qualified in Silver PF under the following conditions:
1. Those who reached the TOC Silver public forum octafinals in the previous year's TOC (fully qualified)
2. International teams (fully qualified)
3. Urban debate league teams with one Silver bid or demonstrated competitive success in their league (fully qualified)
4. Those with one Gold bid (fully qualified)
5. Those with two Silver bids (fully qualified)
2. You must pursue at-large qualification if:
You have one Silver bid
Using NSDA points to qualify (http://ci.uky.edu/UKDebate/silver-pf-bid-tournaments)
Note for Speech at larges
Full details can be found here: http://ci.uky.edu/UKDebate/large-application-0 Anyone with one or zero bids can submit an application to Lincoln Garrett at email@example.com. The applications consist of information relating to a competitor’s five best tournaments (five is the maximum, one can submit information on less than five). That information will be translated into points and then ranked compared to the other applicants. We will then accept competitors from the list until event caps are reached.