Alabama State Tournament
2019 — Montgomery, AL, AL/US
We are pleased to invite you to the ASDA State Tournament April 11-13 on the campuses of the Montgomery Academy and LAMP, in Montgomery.
Please take time to navigate the pages listed to the right for all pertinent information regarding this tournament. In addition, I have posted the ASDA rules. There are a few things that I want to highlight.
1. Every event (Congress, Speech, and Debate) will be run online. ALL judges need to have tabroom.com accounts. This will make the entire tournament more transparent, faster, and less error-prone.
2. Large teams please be aware of the entry cap rules. 24 in IE, and 20 in Debate. For Congress, you may enter up to 6 students in 2 of the 3 chambers.
3. Please, please, please bring judges! This tournament only works if it is single flighted.
4. I will send out ASDA Coach of the Year ballots via email to coaches at a future time.
5. Tabroom registration closes on Friday, April 5, one week prior to the start of the tournament.
6. Legislation must be emailed to email@example.com by Wednesday, April 3rd. The packet will be sent back out to coaches Thursday, April 4th, one week before Congress begins. Each school may submit a maximum of 3 bills, to avoid the docket getting too large.
7. In Speech, if there are 7 or fewer entries, there will be no Final round with place being determined by rounds 1-3. If there are 8 or more entries, there will be a Final round with place being determined by Finals.
8. In Debate, if there are 7 or fewer entries, we will have a Round Robin tournament in that division. If there are 8 - 15 entries, we will break to Semifinals in that division. If there are 16 - 39 entires, we will break to Quarterfinals in that division. If there are 40+, we will break to Octafinals in that division.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the tournament.
Jay Rye, State tournament director