SMN Forensics Invitational
2019 — Overland Park, KS/US
Shawnee Mission North HS
7401 Johnson Drive
Mission, KS 66202
The Shawnee Mission North Forensics Squad would like to invite you to the SMN Forensics Tournament to be held on Friday, February 22nd, 2019. Friday evening events include Congressional Debate, Public Forum Debate, and Lincoln-Douglas Debate. We have a very small squad, so we are limiting entries to 6 per school. Schools may enter up to 4 in each event (Congress, PFD, or LD) or a total of 6 entries. Requests for extras will be considered after all entries have been received. Saturday events will be held at Shawnee Mission Northwest as part of a combination tournament. We are sending separate invitations to avoid confusion with entries and payment.
Congressional Debate is comprised of three chambers: Novice House, House, and Senate. We are using Packet #2 East Kansas NFL Legislation. Public Forum Debate is using the March topic. Lincoln-Douglas Debate is using the March/April topic.
All coaches will be on standby to judge for all rounds. Please check with the Judge’s table each round to see if you are needed.
Entry Fees, Rules, and Cancellations
- Entry Fees will be $3.50 per LD and Congress entry. PFD entries will be $7.00 per team.
- NSDA events will follow all NSDA rules. Non-NSDA events will follow KSHSAA rules.
- Any cancellations made after Tuesday, February 20th will still owe full payment of entry fees.
- Medals will be awarded to the top six in each event.
- I am attempting to run this tournament on Tabroom.com (eek!), so please enter your teams using this website: http://smn.tabroom.com/
Thank you for supporting SMN forensics!
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd
Registration – 3:00pm
LD/PFD Round 1- 3:15
LD/PFD Round 2- 4:15
LD/PFD Round 3- 5:15
LD/PFD Round 4- 6:15
Congress Session 1 - 3:30-5:00
Congress Session 2 - 5:15-6:45
Voting - 7:00
Awards – ASAP
Please enter at this link: http://smn.tabroom.com/
Or, as a last resort, e-mail entries to email@example.com.
Please make checks payable to:
Shawnee Mission North Debate and Forensics – c/o Meagan Deutch
7401 Johnson Drive
Shawnee Mission, KS 66202
Fax # is 913-993-7099