Registration for the OCDL December Tournament, which will take place on December 15th at Buena Park High School, is now open. This will allow for ample time to make sure everything is correct and ready to go for the tournament. For this tournament, all registration will be done on Tabroom for both teams and judges.
Registration is due Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 5PM. Late registration will be waitlisted. For registration to be complete, students must be entered properly, and the requirement of one judge per two teams must be met.
1. For registration to be complete, the grade numbers for the students must be entered. These grade numbers will be used to give grade level awards. Failure to enter in grade numbers or incompletely formatted grade levels will result in registration being seen as incomplete and thus not being accepted.
Please enter them in this exact format:
First Name: Halah8
Last Name: Biviji
(grade after the first name with no spaces in between)
2. The requirement of one judge per two teams must be met for all debate rounds.
Uncertified judges must not be entered in Tabroom. Judges must be able to judge for all four rounds. Judges are not allowed to leave the main hall until all ballots have been collected. If no judges from your school are present to cover for a missing judge, your school will incur a $25 administrative fee per missing judge, per round. Swapping judges is allowed as long as the required number of judges is met. Failure to provide enough judges will result in a $100 administrative fee per judge owed. If you do not know who your certified judges, I can provide a list.
3. Schools are limited to 18 students (6 teams) per squad for this tournament.
If your school has more than 18 students, you will need to make two squads and pay two separate entry fees. A school cannot have more than two squads.
4. Registration submitted after the deadline will be waitlisted.
Due to the increased number of students and schools competing in the OCDL, registration submitted after the deadline will only be accepted if the league has space for them to compete.
5. And lastly, feel free to ask me any questions. If you need help with Tabroom, I am happy to help!
Director of Tabulations