CFL Congress State Quals Westmont
2019 — CA/US
Important Information about State Quals Congress @ Westmont HS, Sunday, March 10, 2019
- Legislation is due to me on Wednesday, February 13 at 6:00 pm, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Word.doc format preferable). Each school competing must submit a piece of legislation.
- Please send one email with your school's piece(s) of legislation (state priorities if submitting multiple bills). I will likely include one from every school that submits one. It's unlikely any school will author more than two in the packet unless space provides.
- Each school may enter 7 students. They may designate one of those students as a PO. There is no Senate at State Quals. CFL will qualify 10 students to State. The final round will consist of 20 competitors.
- Schools must provide 1 judge for every 4 competitors.
- Judges must bring an electronic device (tablet or laptop preferably)/ have a linked Tabroom account to enter their ballots.
- Beyond Tabroom setups, please inform your judges about the event, how rankings are made, how to provide constructive feedback. Judges should write some comments to each speaker, including areas for improvement.
- Westmont High School, 4805 Westmont Ave, Campbell, CA 95008
- Tab and judges report to the library.
- Student food for purchase. Judges food provided.
Registration 9:00-9:30 (Coaches & Judges meet in the Library)
Session 1: 9:45 am - 11:30 am
Break 11:30 am - 12:00 pm
Session 2: 12:10 pm - 2:00 pm
Break 2:00 pm - 2:40 pm
Super Session: 2:45 pm - 5:30 pm
Awards: 6:00 pm