Georgetown Public Forum Tournament
Fall 2018 Results
Top Speaker -- Katherine Sylvester (Walt Whitman)
1st place team Rohit Gude & Ethan Gilman, Walt Whitman (International PF tournament invitees)
2nd place team Iris Lin & Nikhil Malik, Edgemont (International PF tournament invitees)
Top Speaker -- Rishi Gowda (Ivy Bridge)
1st Place Team -- Kay Rollins & Alexander Joel (Potomac School)
Top Speaker -- Tracy Xu (Ivy Bridge)
1st place team -- Genevieve Evans & Hadley Husisian (Potomac school)
1st place team Elaine Nam and Matthew Koretsky (Bergen County Debate Club)
If you are missing a team/judge or have some other issue, contact the tabroom at
GeorgetownPF@gmail.comor by TEXTING (this # won't be answered) (202) 670-4452
The tabroom is ICC 212, but you should not come here unless you are a head coach who needs to see us.
There is no formal registration for the tournament. There are two important notes --
(1) If you have ANY changes from your entry, those need to be communicated ASAP. The pairings will be release on tabroom.com at 7am on Saturday, so it is essential that any changes are communicated as soon as you have them. If your students are registered on tabroom.com and connected to your school’s account, they will receive pairings by text and email
(2) If you wish to pay, please simply drop the check off in tabroom 20 MINUTES AFTER the start of Round 2. The location of the tabroom will be announced on Friday night, but it will be in the ICC
(2) I will be in the lobby of the Holiday Inn on Friday between 7pm and 9pm if you have any last minute questions and/or wish to pay at that time.
Again, there is no judge training. All judges must be trained by their representative institutions BEFORE the tournament starts.
We will use rooms in the following buildings for the tournament. Most of the debates will be in the ICC.
There is a link to a campus map on the main tournament website --
There is no lunch break. Students should eat lunch during their off flight in round 3. Judges should make sure someone from their program retrieves food for them. The student center with many places to eat is very close to the ICC
The best place to park is in the garage on campus that is between the hospital and the student center. That is very close to the ICC.
The best place to drop off is between 37 & O
Welcome to the tabroom.com site for the October 6-7, 2018 Georgetown Public Forum and Online OO tournament.
We offer Public Forum -- Varsity, JV (more one partner cannot be more than a second year debater), Novice (very first year in debate), and Middle School -- anyone in grades 6-8.
We are also offering online competition for OO.
- $140/PF Entry (we will provide regular trophies for each competitor who advanced to the octofinals or better and/or receives a speaker award)
-- $125/online OO (includes judging)
- $75 School Fee (there is no school fee if you are teams is only competing in online events)
- $150/entry judge fee (all events except online events where judging is included)
- Fees for online competition must be paid by September 15th.
Public Forum is a FINALS Gold TOC bid and a SEMIFINALS Silver Bid
The PF tab will be directed by Stefan Bauschard and Brian Manuel
Saturday -- All Prelims (October 6)
8am - R1
12:30 -- R3
3pm -- R4
5:15 -- R5
7:30 -- R6
We WILL run on time. We did in 2015, 2016, 2017.
Sunday -- Elims
8am -- Doubles (double flighted) [all 4-2s, up to 32 teams]
10:30 -- Octos (double flighted)
ALL JUDGES FROM ALL SCHOOLS ARE OBLIGATED UNTIL 1PM ON SUNDAY AND THEN ONE ROUND PAST THE ELIMINATION OF THE LAST TEAM FROM YOUR SCHOOL/INSTITUTION
1pm -- quarters (single flighted)
2:30 -- semis (single flighted)
4 -- finals (single flighted)
We anticipate partial doubles in all events.