MLK Voice Tournament
2021 — NSDA Campus, DE/US
MLK Voice Event
MLK VOICE 4 YOUTH Rules
· Message must be original and relate to the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. addressing this year’s challenges and should not be shared on social media until the contest has concluded.
· Contest is open to high school students, grades 9 – 12, sponsored by a parent/coach/mentor who is 21 years or older.
· Presentations are to be approximately 5-minutes long. Presentations shorter than 4 1/2- minutes or longer than 5 1/2-minutes may be disqualified.
· At the semifinals on January 9, 2021, contestants are required to perform live via Jitsi on NSDA Campus.
· Finalists are required to perform live via Zoom Webinar on January 17, 2021.
· Finalists only are required to submit an electronic copy (word doc.) of their presentation prior to their performance. Failure to do so, may disqualify him/her and the contestant with the next highest score will qualify to compete at the finals. Ownership of the copyright in any work submitted into the contest remains with the contestant.
· Audio effects, accompaniment, costumes, and props are NOT permitted.
· Past first place winners of MLK VOICE 4 YOUTH are not eligible to compete.
· The decisions of the judges are final. IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE:
· Ownership of the copyright in any work submitted into the contest remains with the contestant.
· Contestants have creative freedom to perform solo or with peers.
· Maximum of 5 bonus marks will be given for referencing Dr. King’s lesser known speeches.
· Memorization is encouraged.
· The MLK Planning Committee reserves the right to limit the number of registrations from any one school or organization.