Mississippi State Cowbell Classic
2021 — NSDA Campus, MS/US
Entry Fee $10.00
Entry Limit Per School 6
Entry 1 competitors per entry
The resolution will be the NSDA January-February 2021 topic.
LINCOLN-DOUGLAS DEBATE (VARSITY AND NOVICE DIVISIONS)
- Debates in this division will follow the standard 6-3-7-3-4-6-3 format.
- Each debater has four minutes of prep time to use as they wish.
- Six preliminary rounds will determine breaks to elimination rounds.
- Disclosures following rounds are permitted, solely at the judges' discretion, but never required. To keep the tournament moving on schedule, we ask that any disclosure or oral feedback be kept to no more than five minutes following the round, and that judges please focus on returning their ballots in a timely fashion.
- A novice debater is a competitor in their first year of competition in ANY speech and debate event at the high school level. However, if a student competed in individual events in middle school, but did not compete in debate events on that level, they may be considered novice during their first high school (i.e., ninth grade) season.
- Laptop computers and tablet devices may be used by competitors pursuant to NSDA guidelines, but may not be used to receive information for competitive advantage from individual non-competitors (coaches, assistant coaches, teammates, other students, etc.) during the competition round. Similarly, competitors may not confer with non-competitors for competitive assistance of any kind while a round is in progress.