Deep South District Tournament
2019 — AL/US
Deep South District Qualifier
for the 2019 National Tournament
Congress Specific INFO
Bills Due: Friday, January 25
Bill Packet Release Date: Tuesday, January 29
Each school can submit 2 bills.
Congress Rules (starts on page 33 in the Unified rule book found on the NSDA website):
Deep South Districts Congress
Congress will take place at Mountain Brook High School on Sunday, February 3rd, as discussed and set at the Alabama Coaches meeting in September.
1) All schools participating must be National Speech & Debate Association member schools.
2) All students competing must be National Speech & Debate Assocation members and must have registered with the NSDA - there should be a yellow star by their name on your membership roster.
3) All National Speech & Debate Association rules will apply to this competition (see link and page number above).
4) We will begin at 12:00 pm and will try to conclude at 7:00 pm, so please plan on having lunch prior to Congress.
5) Legislation must be submitted to Liz Wood-Weas by Friday, January 25th by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in a pdf format. Legislation will be emailed to all participating schools by Monday, January 28th. Please make copies for your students, as extra copies will not be distributed at the tournament.
6) Reminder that any student wishing to run for P.O. must do so in writing by January 25th as well.
7) Please Participate In Your District Tournament.
8) Deadline for your entry is Sunday, January 28th at 5:00 pm. Changes can be made until Wednesday, January 31th.