FGCCFL Grand Finals
2020 — St. Petersburg, FL/US
Laura Baker Paradigm
Daniel Cribb Paradigm
John Cruickshank Paradigm
Brendan Graves Paradigm
Manish Kumar Paradigm
Jay Kumar Paradigm
Thinzar Min Paradigm
ABOUT ME -
Not everyone can do Speech and Debate. Once you are in the Speech and Debate tournament, be know “you are already more than an above average students".
My son brought me into Speech and Debate world in 2018 as a parent judge. Later, I came across to know judges are some of the most vital contributors to the speech and debate community.
I have been judging in Speech Events (HI, DI, DUO, EXT, OO), Debate Events (LD, PF, Policy) and Congressional Debate.
I enjoy judging Congressional Debates where I can see many debaters debate on numerous topics in the student chamber.
I favor to give points and rank high upon following skills even though congressional leaders need to be successful in passing legislation.
- Assertiveness – Standing up for one’s beliefs and being able to confidently take charge of difficult situations, making tough decisions despite opposition. In a politically charged environment where everyone is vying for their opinion to be heard, being assertive is key.
- Building Alliances – Earning trust and respect from others and taking the time to build effective working relationships with individuals.
- Commitment - Passionately and enthusiastically demonstrating a dedication to the causes and beliefs you espouse.
- Conflict Resolution - Effectively resolving misunderstandings, disagreements, and disputes with other individuals. Directly addressing issues with others in a non-threatening manner. Being willing to compromise in order to maintain effective working relationships.
- Influence - Using a variety of persuasion tactics, interpersonal skills, and communication and presentation strategies to convince others to make decisions that are mutually beneficial to all parties involved.
- Presentation Skills - Using effective verbal and nonverbal communication skills to clearly deliver information to a variety of audiences. Being confident and comfortable when speaking in front of groups. Making presentations that are clear, engaging and impactful.
- Florida Blue Key 2020 10/30 -11/1 Congress Debate
- Duke Invitational 2020 9/19 -9/20 Congressional Debate
- National Speech and Debate Season Opener Hosted by UK 2020 9/12 -9/14 Congressional Debate
- FGCCFL Grand Finals 2020 2/28 -2/29 Congress Debate
- FGCCFL February All Events 2020 2/8 IE & Congress Debate
- FGCCFL January All Events 2020 1/18 -1/18 IE & Congress Debate
- Florida Sunshine District Tournament 2019 12/14 -3/28 Congress Debate
- The Sunvitational 2020 1/10 -1/12 Congress Debate
- FGCCFL December All Events 2019 12/7 IE & Congress Debate
- Barkley Forum for High Schools 2020 1/24 -1/26
- Congressional Debate FGCCFL September All Events 2019 9/28 -9/28 IE & Congress Debate
- Florida Blue Key 2019 11/1 -11/3 Congress Debate
- Yale Invitational 2019 9/13 -9/15 Speech
- FGCCFL Grand Finals 2019 2/22 -2/23 Lincoln-Douglas
- Barkley Forum for High Schools 2019 1/25 -1/27
- Congressional Debate Florida Sunshine District Tournament 2018 12/8 -3/9
- Congressional Debate FGCCFL November All Events 2018 11/17 -11/17 IE and Congress Debate
- FGCCFL October All Events 2018 10/13 -10/13 Lincoln-Douglas
- FGCCFL September All Events 2018 9/22 -9/22 Public Forum Yale Invitational 2018 9/14 -9/16 Varsity Public Forum
- MBBS, University of Medicine, Yangon, Myanmar.
- MPH, London School of Hyigene and Tropical Medicine, University London, UK
- MSc. Computer Science, Western Illinois University
- Post Doc Medical Informatics Fellowship, Health Science Technology, Harvard-MIT