Princeton UIL Fall Classic
2022 — Princeton, TX/US
- CX Debate will be debating the 2022-23 Resolution – Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its security cooperation with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization in one or more of the following areas: artificial intelligence, biotechnology, cybersecurity.
- LD Debate (both Novice and Varsity) will be debating the Fall UIL Topic - Resolved: Amateur status ought to be valued above commodification of Name Image Likeness.
- Public Forum Debate will be debating the September/October NSDA Resolution - Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially increase its investment in high-speed rail.
- Students participating in Congressional Debate will debate the first 12 pieces of legislation in the TFA Fall 2022 docket.
- Morning Session will debate odd number pieces of legislation.
- Afternoon Session will debate even number pieces of legislation.
- Contestants competing Novice division of debate events will be ranked based on their performance in the 3 preliminary rounds. They will NOT have out rounds.
Please make all checks payable to Princeton HS Speech and Debate.
· CX Debate - $30.00
· LD, PFD, Duo, and Duet Entry - $15.00
· Individual Event Entry (and Congress) - $7.00
· Missing Judge Fee - $150.00
We have added a $15 security fee to each school to help cover the cost of the security officer we will have on campus throughout the tournament to ensure the safety of our attendees.
· CX – One judge for every 2 entries or portion thereof.
· LD & PFD – One judge for every 4 entries or portion thereof.
· IEs* – One judge for every 6 entries or portion thereof.
* If you have a judge that is only qualified to judge only a some of the individual events, please indicate this information in the notes section of the entry and what that event or those events are. If there is no note present, we will assume that the judge is qualified for all individual events and will put them into all pools.
If you are an individual that wishes to pursue a judging contract at this tournament, email your judging résumé and any other pertinent details to Heather Stringer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any general questions should be addressed to Heather Stringer at email@example.com or at (214)448-4196.
· If the entries do not make, we will consolidate novice and varsity divisions together into one varsity division. We will combine novice and varsity divisions together.
· We will accelerate the schedule as possible, so please pay close attention to postings and turn on your Live Updates.
· Judges are allowed and encouraged to give an oral critique after debate rounds, but this form of critique should NOT replace a well written ballot. Additionally, all oral critiques should be short and to-the-point, and all ballots should be returned within 5 minutes of the round’s completion, if at all possible.