Carolina West District Tournament
2021 — NC/US
Carolina West District Qualifier
for the 2021 National Tournament
District Administrator of the Year Nomination
The Carolina West District Committee would like to honor an administrator who has had a significant impact on Speech and Debate in the district. The winner will go on to national competition for NSDA's Administrator of the Year.
To be eligible for nomination, an administrator must:
- Currently work as a high school principal or headmaster in a National Speech & Debate Association member school.
- Have completed five consecutive years of experience as a high school administrator at an NSDA member school (experience need not be in the same school).
- Plan to continue working as a high school administrator next year at an NSDA member school.
- Agree to nomination.
- If selected as the winner, be able to participate in the National Speech & Debate Tournament, held virtually in June, and/or be present to accept the award on the Thursday of tournament week.
Nominees must be administrators who:
- Encourage speech and debate education through active support of curricular and/or co-curricular programming.
- Foster cooperation between the speech and debate program and the rest of the school, showcasing students and their achievements with administrators, school board members, and the community at-large.
- Lead a continuing dialogue with students, parents, faculty, and staff members to sustain and grow speech and debate participation.
- Encourage team spirit and play an active role in the speech and debate program.
- Demonstrate leadership and exemplify committed support to the speech and debate program’s livelihood.
- Advocate for speech and debate activities within the school and the community at-large.