Bay Area Middle School Championships
2019 — San Jose, CA/US
The Presentation Speech and Debate program is excited to host the First Annual Bay Are Middle School Championships for Speech and Debate. The tournament will take place on the Presentation High School campus located at 2281 Plummer Avenue on Saturday, April 6th and Sunday, April 7th. The tournament will offer all debate and speech events. Your fees cover the cost of entry as well as lunch on both days of competition.
We learned a few things from hosting Panther Fun tournament this fall so here's what we want you to know about that:
1. We will provide lunch for all competitors, coaches and judges and WE WILL BUY MORE VEGETARIAN options.
2. We will have awards announced in the center where all of the students will gather. All students who get to finals of speech events will get awards. All students who break to quarters or better in debate events will get awards. Both partners in partner events will get awards.
3. We will offer preliminary rounds that will break to elimination rounds in all debate events and final rounds for all Individual events.
4. This tournament is open ONLY to middle school students grades 5-8.
5. Students are allowed to cross enter at their own risk. Students can enter up to three events but can only enter one debate division (Congress is considered a debate event.). We will not provide special accommodations for cross entry. Students and their coaches are responsible for getting to all of their rounds on time. We will not hold up the tournament for cross entry nor will we re-run rounds for rounds missed.
6. Make all checks payable to Presentation High School or PHS. We must have full payment before the start of the tournament.
7. The tournament is not restricted to Bay Area middle schools, that's just a name. Any middle school/junior high program is welcome to attend.
8. TOPICS FOR DEBATE EVENTS: We will use the March- April NSDA LD topic. We will use the April NSDA PF topic. Let me know if you have any questions about debate topics.
We look forward to hosting you at this tournament which will feature the Best of the Bay! Feel free to email us with any questions.
Heath Martin- firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandon Garrett- email@example.com