2017 — CA/US
Please register students on the excel spreadsheet that was attached on the registration email. Please register judges on Tabroom
1. For registration to be complete, the grade numbers for the students must be entered. These grade numbers will be used to give grade level awards. Failure to enter in grade numbers or incompletely formatted grade levels will result in registration being seen as incomplete and thus not being accepted.
Please enter them in this exact format:
First Name: Halah8
Last Name: Biviji
(grade after the first name with no spaces in between)
2. Enter in the level and experience of the speaker.
In order to better group the students, we are asking that you provide more detail about their speaking experience and effort on the spreadsheet. The categories are explained below:
Speaker level: How much experience does the student have? How well does the student speak? - beginner, intermediate, or advanced
Preparedness: Will the student bring research or do they rely on others? - none, some, extensive
Teamwork: Does the student enjoy or work well with others? - yes, somewhat, no
3. Meet judges requirement (one per six students) for all debate rounds.
Uncertified judges must not be entered in Tabroom. Judges must be able to judge for all four rounds. Judges are not allowed to leave the main hall until all ballots have been collected. If no judges from your school are present to cover for a missing judge, your school will incur a $25 fine per missing judge, per round. Swapping judges is allowed as long as the required number of judges is met. Failure to provide enough judges will result in a $100 fine per judge owed.
4. Schools are limited to 18 students per squad and two squads for the scramble.
5. If you do not know who your certified judges, I can provide a list.
Please email me if you need to know who your certified judges are, and I will gladly send a list.