DSDL 1 Jack Britt HS
2019 — Fayetteville, NC, NC/US
Dogwood Speech and Debate League Qualifier #1
Host: Jack Britt High School - 7403 Rockfish Road - Fayetteville, NC - 28306
Date: Saturday, October 12th, 2019
Registration: Day of registration will run between 8:00 am and 8:30 am. Last minute changes should be texted to (205) 746-1907 if they are known prior to arrival.
- Novice Lincoln Douglas Debate
- Lincoln Douglas Debate
- Novice Public Forum Debate
- Public Forum Debate
- Student Congress
- Novice Student Congress
- Dramatic Performance
- Duo Interpretation
- Extemporaneous Speaking
- Impromptu Speaking
- Informative Speaking
- Oral Interpretation of Literature
- Original Oratory
- Programmed Oral Interpretation of Literature
Public Forum - Released on August 1st
Lincoln-Douglas Debate - Released on August 1st
Novice Lincoln-Douglas Debate - Resolved Civil disobedience in a democracy is morally justified.
Student Congress: Student Congress legislation should remember the following information in regards to submission:
- Congressional debate entries must be submitted no later than 5:00pm on Wednesday, October 4th, 2019.
- A school that enters competitors in the Congress division is is allowed to submit at least one piece of appropriately formatted legislation.
- Legislation must be submitted to via Tabroom no later than 5:00pm Wednesday, October 4th, 2019.
- Legislation will be posted no later than Monday, October 7th, 2019.
- In order to expedite the release of the legislation packet, the League has adopted templates. They can be found on the website and on Tabroom.
Extemp Topics: Released on August 1st
Oral Interpretation of Literature:
- Round 1 - Poetry
- Round 2 - Prose
- Round 3 - Poetry
- Round 4 - Prose
- Finals - Poetry
We hope to see you there!
Michelle Boswell, Director
Ashley Doane & Deb Henderson, Tournament Hosts