NSDA Middle School Speech Challenge
2020 — Online, US
Payment & Fees
Three options for payment:
1. Pay by credit card or ACH via your NSDA account by May 15. The credit card processing fee has been removed!
2. Mail a check postmarked by May 15.
3. Send a PO to email@example.com by May 15. Payment that is mailed must be received before your school can renew their membership.
How to create an invoice:
When you complete your registration, go to the fees tab and ensure everything looks correct. When your entry is complete, click "Invoice NSDA account" on the right side of the page. Then, login to speechanddebate.org/account to pay your invoice. View instructions here.
Checks payable to:
National Speech & Debate Association
401 Railroad Place
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Credit card processing fee has been removed!
New in 2020! There is no longer a credit card processing fee.
If you change your registration details before the May 15 deadline and that results in a lower amount due than what was invoiced to your NSDA account, please call the national office and speak to our finance department. All other overpayments will be refunded after the tournament.
Each school must post a judge bond of $200. This bond is in addition to entry fees and judge fees. If all judges from a school complete all judging assignments, the $200 will be returned after the tournament using the method selected during registration (on the general tab of your Tournament registration): refund check by mail or credit to your NSDA account. Judge bond refunds will be processed by July 31.
For the first judge that fails to complete their judging assignment, their school will lose their judge bond and be fined $400. Each additional judge after the first that fails to complete their judging assignment will be assessed a $400 fee.
Overview of Fees:
1. Judge bond: Each school must post a judge bond of $200. This bond is in addition to entry fees and judge fees. If all judges from a school complete all judging assignments, the $200 will be returned after the tournament in the form selected during registration: refund check by mail or credit to your NSDA account. Judge bond refunds will be processed by July 31.
Failure to report for a judging assignment or pooling assignment will forfeit your judge bond of $200 for the first round missed, and a $100 per judge per round penalty will be assessed thereafter. A school will not be permitted to renew membership or compete the following year unless all outstanding fees have been paid.
2. Entry Fees: For each speech event a student enters, the fee is $20 per event.
3. Uncovered Judges: Schools must pay a $160 fee for each uncovered judge as per requirements on the Judge Requirements tab to the right. This fee may only be paid if the school has at least one judge entered in that category.