NSDA Middle School Nationals
2020 — Albuquerque, NM/US
- Each school must upload a signed Entry Agreement Form. Download the form here, and view instructions for how to upload this form here.
- Each student must have their parent/guardian sign a media release form. Download the form here, and view instructions for how to upload this form here.
- Students that are have completed their 5th through 8th grade years are eligible to register.
- Each school may enter six entries per event.
- Registration may close early for events that reach their cap due to space restrictions. Registration is first come, first served.
- There is no waitlist for this tournament.
Patterns for Speech Events:
Pattern A: Prose, Poetry, Informative Speaking, Extemporaneous Speaking, Duo Interpretation, Declamation
Pattern B: Storytelling, Program Oral Interpretation, Original Oratory, Dramatic Interpretation, Humorous Interpretation, Impromptu
Note: Debate entries (LD, PF, Policy, Congress, WSD) may not enter in speech. In speech events (except Extemp), students can enter two events per pattern (A or B). If a student participates in Extemp, they may not enter in another event in Pattern A, but may enter 2 events in Pattern B.
There will be no supplemental events at the 2020 Middle School National Tournament due to lack of interest. Informative Speaking has been made a main event.
Policy Debate Case Limits (Affirmative Only):
As a reminder, only school-based members are allowed to enter the Middle School National Tournament. For any club or organization that does not currently have a school-based membership, the NSDA is eager to work with you to create school-based speech and debate teams. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
More info found at https://www.speechanddebate.org/middle-school-unified-manual/