Ike Novice Tournament Goddard
2018 — Goddard, KS/US
Eisenhower Novice 5 Round
Dear Policy Debate Coach:
We cordially invite you and your debate squad to the 2018 Eisenhower High School Invitational Debate Tournament, held on November 17th, 2018. Our tournament features a novice division with 5 rounds. A sweeps trophy will be given to the school with best combined team record (Best 3 entry record).
Since this is a novice only tournament, we do ask that each school provide one judge, per 2 teams entered. Judges should be Junior or Senior Varsity Debaters. Translation: 2 teams = 1 judge, 3 teams = 1 judge, 4 teams = 2 judge. We will offset with our own judges but I am afraid we will be short, so when possible we will use our own and supplement with Varsity. Juniors and seniors may serve as judges. There will be a judge’s lounge to reward your varsity debaters for their time and effort :) There will be pizza for lunch, and donuts in the morning.
Awards will be given to all teams finishing 3-2 or better (Why not, it’s the last go round for many of the novices.) We will have a few extra medals in case of tied record and speaks, to try and award as many as possible, for the first years.
We will make an honest attempt to allow entries from as many schools as possible. The limit will be 4 entries per school. First priority will be given to schools whose tournaments we attend and then on a first-come, first-serve basis. Extra entries will only be given to those schools who have given us extra entries or are willing to do so in the future. We ask that you pre-register by November 9, so we can begin notifying schools if their extra entries will be permitted. Entry fees are $4 per team, unless yours were less, in which you can send said amount. We try to be cheap, knowing we ask for a judging commitment.
Enclosed is a copy of our tournament regulations, schedule and an entry form. If our tournament is filled when we receive your entry form, we will notify you immediately. Upon receipt and acceptance of your entry form, confirmation will be emailed to you. We certainly hope to see you and your debaters in November for a fun filled tournament!
Eisenhower High School Director of Debate
EISENHOWER HIGH SCHOOL DEBATE TOURNAMENT REGULATIONS
1. Debate Topic: KSHSAA Approved Resolution for the 2018-2019 Season
2. Tournament style: Each team will debate both sides of the resolution in a cross-examination style of 8-3-5 format, with 5 minutes of preparation time.
3. Divisions: Novice
4. Tabulation: The tab room is open to all coaches. WE WILL PRE-SET ROUNDS 1 AND 2. ROUND THREE WILL BE POWERED OFF OF ROUND 1. ROUND FOUR WILL BE POWERED OF COMBINED ONE AND TWO. ROUND 5 WILL BE POWERED OFF OF ONE THROUGH THREE.
5. Fees: The entry fee is $4.00 per team.
6. Forfeits: Any team more than ten minutes late to a round, with no fault of the tournament, will forfeit the decision. The winning team will receive a 1-2 win and losing team will receive a 3-4 loss.
7. Scouting and Mavericks: No please.
8. Judging: One judge per 2 teams. Coaches and sponsors may be used to judge if necessary. There will be a judges lounge.
9. Tournament management reserves the right to handle difficulties in way that seem fair to us.
10. Schedule: Registration: 7:15
LUNCH BREAK 12:30-1:00
AWARDS (In Lecture Hall) ASAP