NYCUDL High School State Championship
2018 — WC Bryant, NY/US
Students can qualify in two ways:
1. Earn a winning record at a one-day tournament (e.g. if a tournament offers 3 rounds, 2-1 would be considered a winning record; 4 rounds, 3-1).
2. Reached eliminations at a multi-day tournament, hosted in the state of New York.
For events that require a partner (Policy & PF), both partners must meet these qualification standards.
THE TOURNAMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REJECT TEAMS/SCHOOLS FROM COMPETING IF THEY DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS.
A student MUST enter in the Open division for all events if:
1. The student has competed in a previous season of debate (in or outside of the NYC Urban Debate League).
2. If the student wishes to compete in Open.
A student MUST enter in the Novice division for all events if:
1. All members on the team are first year debaters.
2. A student competed in one (1) tournament in a previous season.