NSDA Middle School National Tournament
2017 — Birmingham, AL/US
Payment Process & Fees
1. Schools must be up to date with their roster and payments in the Middle School Points App (school profile page).
2. Register on Tabroom.
- Click "Print Tournament Invoice" on the right side of your screen. Mail that invoice and a check to the National Office at the address below.
- Pay via credit card (3% processing fee) using this form: https://www.speechanddebate.org/ms-nats-registration-payment-2017/
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Checks payable to:
National Speech & Debate Association
401 Railroad Place
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Any overages in payment will be applied as credit to your school's NSDA account after Nationals. Credit will be applied before October 1. If you need a reimbursement check rather than account credit, please email Lauren Burdt (email@example.com).
Overview of fees:
1. Judge bond: Each school must post a judge bond of $200. This bond is in addition to entry fees and judge fees. If all judges from a school complete all judging assignments, the $200 will be returned at the end of the tournament in the form of a check to the school or issued as a school credit. NO JUDGE BONDS WILL BE RETURNED IN CASH. All judge bonds must be claimed by October 1, 2017.
Failure to report for a judging assignment or pooling assignment will forfeit your judge bond of $200 for the first round missed, and a $100 per judge per round penalty will be assessed thereafter. A school will not be permitted to compete the following year unless all outstanding fees have been paid. Schools who do not fulfill the requirement of providing at least one judge per event they are entered may forfeit entry, but if they do not, they will forfeit their judge bond in addition to paying the hired judge fee.
NOTE: TO ENSURE FINANCIAL SECURITY AND APPROPRIATE AUDITING PRACTICES, JUDGE BONDS WILL NO LONGER BE RETURNED IN THE FORM OF CASH AT THE NATIONAL TOURNAMENT.
2. Uncovered Judges: Schools must pay a $160 fee for each uncovered judge as per requirements above.
3. Credit card fee: Paying by credit card will incur a 5% charge of the total owed.
4. Interp piece details: Schools will be assessed a $200 fee if they do not provide their title, author, and ISBN information for Interpretation events, as well as titles for Original Oratory and Declamation, by May 1. If the information is not posted by June 1, their entries risk being forfeited from the tournament.
5. Late fee: A late fee of $200 will be assessed for fees and forms received after May 12. A school/club risks forfeiting participation if fees and media release forms are not received by May 20.
9. All fees are non-refundable after registration closes.