Norman North Mnemosyne
2022 — Norman, OK/US
You and your team are cordially invited to the Twenty-second Annual Norman North Mnemosyne Speech and Debate ONLINE Tournament on January 20-22, 2022.* While we truly wish we could host in-person, we are unable to do so at this time. Unfortunately, Covid numbers are rising in Oklahoma, and Cleveland County currently has the highest infection rate in the state.
*IE Prelims will be judged online via video Thursday-Friday, January 20-21.
Debate will be synchronous online Friday and Saturday, January 21-22.
Extemp will be synchronous online Saturday, January 22.
IE Semis/Finals will be judged online via video Saturday, January 22.
What's a Mnemosyne? Mnemosyne (ne-MOS-uh-nee) was the Greek goddess of memory - one of the nine Muses. When we remember why we chose her, we'll let you know. In the meanwhile, please note the following information, and contact email@example.com with questions:
1. Unlimited 6A, 5A, and Championship entries - as long as you have judges to cover the entry. All 6A PQ's must compete in the Championship division. No novice events.
2. Due to MLK Day, entries are due on tabroom.com only by Tuesday, January 18 at 5:00 PM. Entry fees are as per the OSSAA manual. If you have not received a schedule by noon on Thursday, January 20, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The website will be closed to changes after 9:00 AM on Wednesday, January 19. Any changes to your entry after that time should be emailed directly to email@example.com and will be subject to fees as per the OSSAA manual. Fees for the Championship division are the same as for the qualifying division.
4. Video links must be posted to IE entries on Tabroom by Wednesday, January 19 at 6:00 PM.
5. Judge entries are due by Wednesday, January 19 at 5:00 PM. Uncovered judge requirements and fees are as per the OSSAA manual. Please enter debate judges in one debate pool only, even if they can judge other events. In the notes section let me know if they can judge other events.
6. Registration is 3:00-4:00 PM on Friday and 7:15-7:45 AM on Saturday via Zoom : https://us02web.zoom.us/j/4053923279?pwd=R3RxQndTZUVrWmp4SllMemN5OWp0UT09 You may pay by PO or check. We need a PO number or a paid in full entry at registration in order for your school to compete.
7. Debate will have three rounds on Friday and will break all 2-1’s to Saturday. Round 1 4:15 PM, Round 2 6:00 PM, Round 3 7:30 PM. We must ask that teams compete in all three prelim rounds (no forfeit) unless there is an emergency. Both Qualifying & Championship LD will use the Jan-Feb NSDA topic. Both Qualifying & Championship PF will use the January NSDA topic.
8. IE Prelims will be judged online via video Thursday-Friday, January 20-21. IE Semis/Finals will be judged online via video Saturday, January 22.
9. Extemp Draw will take place live via Zoom on Saturday, January 22. Links will be embedded in schematics/blasts and will be posted on the tournament website: http://normannorthmnemosyne.tabroom.com
We hope to see you soon,
Lori Crawford, Speech and Drama Morgan Russell, Debate
Norman North High School 1809 Stubbeman Avenue Norman, OK 73069