UHSAA Region 15 Championships
2016 — UT/US
Orders of the Day
Orders of the Day
1. This body shall act as a federal body.
2. One chair shall be elected every hour and shall appoint a timekeeper based on their own decision. Judges will be instructed to value a student’s time as chair as they would one speech.
3. Students will use the docket proposed by the tournament director. The docket should consist of selections from the UDCA-approved list. Students are responsible for printing their own copies of the docket.
4. Speeches shall last three minutes.
5. A mandatory two-minute questioning period will automatically follow each sponsorship speech and each 1st negative speech; all other speakers will have a one-minute questioning period.
6. Speeches shall alternate affirmative, negative, affirmative, etc.
7. Points of order and personal privileges shall not count off the speaker’s time.
8. Amendment debates shall be limited to ten minutes, not to count off the original time of the main motion. When the ten minutes have passed, previous question will automatically be in order. Speakers on amendments shall be allowed three minutes of speaking time with a one minute questioning period and amendment speeches will count towards priority.
9. All amendments shall be written and submitted to the Parliamentarian (or chair if there is no Parliamentarian) before they are to be considered. No amendments to amendments will be considered.
10. Objection to consideration will have a one-on-one debate. The objector will speak, followed by the sponsor. Each speech will last one minute, after which Previous Question is automatically in effect on the motion for objection to consideration. The sponsor’s speech in defense will not count against his/her priority. Each congressperson will be limited to one objection to consideration motion/speech during the entire time convened which will count towards priority.
11. Debate on each bill and/or resolution shall be limited to 40 minutes, after which previous question is automatically passed.*
12. Motions for previous question cannot be made until after the first negative speech.
13. Strict Priority will be followed at all times and priority will carry over throughout the tournament. This does not include a Bloodbath round.
14. Obstructionists cannot be removed without permission from the tournament director.
15. Orders of the day are NOT debatable or amendable.
*Denotes a Region rule, not an NFL rule.