Carolina West District Tournament
2021 — NC/US
Carolina West District Qualifier
for the 2021 National Tournament
IE, LD, PFSat 3/6 Sun 3/7 DI DUO HI INF IX LD OO POI PF USX
CongressSat 2/27 Sat 2/27 HSE SEN
Policy, Big QuestionsSat 4/10 Sat 4/10 BQ CX
Double Entry Policy
Double and Triple Entry
- Students may enter up to two Debate or IE events during the Carolina West NFL District Debate/Individual Events Tournament with the following stipulations and exceptions:
- Double entry is permitted in all events except as noted below.
- House and Senate students may enter two other events for a total of three
- No double entry between LD and PF
- No double entry between LD and Policy
- No double entry between PF and Policy
- No double entry between PF and Duo unless partners are the same
- No double entry between Policy and Duo unless partners are the same
- World Schools Debate does not count against any double entry rule. Anyone who is entered in one or two other events may enter World Schools. Must enter at least one other event to apply for World Schools.
- Any student may have also entered the Student Congress Tournament to be held on February 27. This is the only "triple entry" allowed.
- "Triple entry" is only allowed if one of the three events is congress.
- Two students may double enter in a team debate event and Duo Interp as the same team.
Some further rules from the NFL District Tournament Manual:
- If a student qualifies in a team event (PFD, Policy, or Duo) and a Solo event, the student must attend Nationals in the team event, unless he or she qualifies for one of the provisions listed below.
- If two students are entered in a team event as partners (and qualify for Nationals) and BOTH also qualify in an individual event, these students may choose to enter the individual events at the National Tournament if pre-registered on the "Single Entry Letter of Intent" form prior to the ending of District Tournament registration.
- If two students are entered in a team debate event as partners (and qualify to Nationals) and the same partnership also qualifies in duo, these students may choose to enter ONE of the team events (as partners) at the National Tournament, if pre-registered on the “Single Entry Letter of Intent” form prior to the ending of the District Tournament in which the students will potentially double qualify.
- A student who is double entered in two solo events at the District Tournament must determined in advance, in writing, signed by the student, coach, parent/guardian, and principal the solo event that s/he will enter at the National Tournament. You must bring the National Tournament Single Entry Letter of Intent Form for every double entered student to registration on March 6, 2021 completed and signed.