WaRu NonQual Forensics Tournament
2018 — KS/US
You are all cordially invited to the Washburn Rural Non-Qual Tournament on March 31st at Washburn Rural High School in Topeka, KS.
A few notes about the tournament:
1) It will be Saturday only, March 31st and will offer the following events: International Extemp, Domestic Extemp, Informative (7 minute), Oration, Impromptu, Duo/Duet, Humorous Interp, Dramatic Interp, Prose, Poetry, Program of Oral Interp, and Informative 10. If the last two events do not have at least 6 entries each, we will kill them.
2) The tournament will not have any entry fees. As such, hospitality will be limited and there will be no medals. We will print certificates for those students who are in finals of their event.
3) Entry is open to any school and any student, as long as that student is not already qualified to state. This tournament has previously been held as a JV tournament for freshman and sophomores, but this year it is open to all non-state qualified individuals.
4) We will provide as much judging as possible, but if you have volunteers/assistants who are available to judge, please let us know in case of an emergency.
5) Washburn Rural students WILL BE COMPETING in this tournament, as long as we have sufficient judges to cover our entry. We will not be eligible for state qualification because it is a tournament that we are hosting, but all schools in attendance will be eligible for qualification.
6) Round times will be as follows:
Round 1 - 8:30-10:00 (Draw at 8:00)
Round 2 - 10:15-11:45 (Draw at 9:45)
Round 3 - 12:00-1:30 (Draw at 11:30)
Finals - 2:15(ish)-3:45
7) Topic areas will be:
IX - Africa/Middle East, The Americas, Europe with Russia, Asia and the Pacific Rim
DX - Economy/Business, Health/Social Issues, Foreign Policy, Politics/Politicians
Impromptu - People in the News, Political Cartoons, Pop Culture, Fortune Cookies
If you have any other questions, feel free to email email@example.com