TBird Classic Forensics Tournament 2018
2018 — KS/US
Shawnee Heights Forensics
4200 SE Shawnee Heights Rd., Tecumseh, KS
Dear Forensics Coach:
Your forensics team is cordially invited to compete at Shawnee Heights High School's "T-Bird Classic" annual invitational tournament on January 26-27, 2018.
Student Congress and LD will be offered on Friday.
Original Oration, Domestic Extemp, International Extemp, Humorous Interp, Dramatic Interp, Duo Interp, Duet Acting, Informative Speaking, Impromptu Speaking, Prose Interp, and Poetry Interp will be offered on Saturday.
Sweepstakes will be based on a coach-selected entry of 20. Entries will be allowed as long as space is available, starting with Flint Hills schools.
Both split events (Prose and Poetry, Duo and Duet) will be condensed into single events if numbers do not warrant splitting them.
The top six competitors in Individual Events will advance to finals and receive medals for their placement.
Top senators and representatives will also receive medals, and gavels will be given to the outstanding presiding officers in each chamber.
The top three schools in Sweepstakes will receive trophies.
Please reserve your entries WITH NAMES on Tabroom by 4 p.m. on January 22, 2018. Entries designated as "TBA" will not be guaranteed after that time. Entry fees are $5 per person-entry.,
Additional Tournament Information:
1. Student participation: Students may enter up to 3 different Saturday events, assuming one is impromptu. No student may compete in 2 draw events unless one is impromptu.
2. Extemp topics will be selected from a variety of sources from late 2017 and early 2018.
3. The LD topic will be the January/February 2018 topic.
4. Student Congress: The top 6 point-getters in each chamber will be placed on the ballot for top speaker; Outstanding PO will not be eligible for top speaker. All POs will rotate and a vote will be taken at the end of the final session to determine the Outstanding PO.
5. Sweepstakes points will be awarded on a scale, where a 1 ranking = 5 points and a 5 ranking = 1 point.
6. Coaches/sponsors will be on standby for judging needs on Friday and Saturday.
7. We reserve the right to resolve any problems that may arise as we see fit.
8. Concessions will be available for students, and coaches can look forward to a super delicious hospitality lounge run by awesome parents who make great food.
Mallory Raugewitz, Forensics Coach email@example.com
Hannah Johnson and John Williams, Assistant Forensics Coaches
Elizabeth Hennessey, Tournament Director