Buhler HS Crusader Classic
2017 — Buhler, KS/US
You and your debaters are invited to the Buhler Crusader Classic Debate Tournament on Friday, October 20 and Saturday October 21st, 2017. This tournament will include a two day Varsity division with five preliminary rounds, breaking to quarter-finals mid-day on Saturday as well as one day Open and Novice divisions with five total rounds on Saturday only awarding medals to the top 6 teams in those divisions. All break out teams in DCI will receive medals.
1. We will debate the current 2017-2018 high school debate topic.
2. Entry fees are $5 per team. (or whatever you charge at your tournament) We will accept four teams from each school per division, until we reach our room capacity. Schools requesting extra entries will be notified when rooms become available (notifications will be given at 2 weeks prior to tournament when initial numbers are received, extras will be given equitably until spaces are filled). When you have to cancel an entry please update tabroom.com as soon as possible in order to allow me to give those spaces to teams who want them.
3. In an effort to keep the tournament moving, any team more than 10 minutes late to a round, (through no fault of the tournament), will forfeit the round and receive the 3-4 ranking.
4. Time Limits are 8-3-5 with 8 min of prep. Flashing will be ON PREP TIME.
5. At this point there will not be timekeepers available, so teams should be prepared to time themselves.
6. We will randomly preset the first two rounds and then DELAY power match the remaining rounds.
7. Tab will be open, and we will be using tabroom.com to tab the tournament.
8. Brackets will be broken in elims to accommodate schools with multiple cleared teams.
9. Judges will be “clean” at beginning of elims and may judge a team a second time during elims.
10. Plaques will be presented to the top 3 schools for sweepstakes. Schools must have at least four total teams to be sweeps eligible. Sweeps will be based on prelim scores only.
11. Coaches and sponsors may be called in to judge one or two rounds.
12. All other KSHSAA rules will be observed – conduct, grievances etc.
13. The use of laptops computers will be allowed, but all wired or wireless communication functions must be disabled prior to the beginning of rounds in which they are used. Any student found to be communicating with others through text messaging or a wireless network in a round risks disqualification. Outlets are available in most rooms, but some are more accessible than others.
14. Please submit your numbers via tabroom.com. Please help me to stay accurate updating your entry on the site with any adjustments.
15. Initial entries (with tentative numbers) are requested for October 13.
16. Final (Maximum #s) due on midnight of October 16.
17. My judge pool here is VERY lay. If you want to have experienced judges you will have to bring them with you. Assistants/brought judges will be put in the Varsity pool first.