Calif. Coast District Congress Tournament
2017 — Santa Clara, CA/US
The California Coast NSDA District Committee invites you to the NSDA District Tournament in Congressional Debate. Remember, the procedures for this tournament are quite different from those of the Coast Forensic League tournaments. You may access all rules and regulations in the NSDA High School Unified Manual.
WHEN/WHERE: Competition will take place on Saturday, April 1 at Santa Clara University at the same time as, but separate from the SCU tournament that same weekend. Note though, that this competition is Saturday only. We will conduct competition on the first floor of Kenna Hall, near room 109.
Keep in mind the following:
- Only student members of the National Speech and Debate Association who have registered and linked their accounts on the NSDA website at least seven days prior to the tournament are eligible to compete. A student must be on record at the national office by 5:00 PM on Friday, March 24th. You will know your entries are registered by seeing their name on your chapter profile which you can search for here. You will also be able to see your total entry limits on the district report generate at that same link. Page 60 of the High School Unified Manual, linked above describes these rules and regulations.
- We are one of the several districts in the country that are piloting the use of Tabroom.com for our District Tournament as opposed to through Joy of Tournaments.
- Once registered, you'll be able to see an [Entries] tab where your registration forms will be located. You'll need to download NSDA District Tournament Registration Form.
- You will also need to complete the division of your entries in the House into chamber groups. You are required to complete that chamber breakdown before competition begins.You'll be asked to organize your power for each of the scenarios of having two, three, and four houses. We anticipate three houses, but it is essential to know how to organize your entry for each scenario. You'll be finished when the column on the far left with the A, B, C has turned from red to green, and the word COMPLETE appears beside each scenario. Once this process has been completed, click the Print Greensheet button. A PDF copy (2 pages) with the Tournament Registration - School Consent Form and the District Congress SCHOOL ENTRY Form will appear. NOTE: A change this year requires ONLY the coach name and signature on that form.
- All fees owed to the NSDA must be paid before you are allowed to compete in the tournament. They will not let you compete if the check is in transit to Des Moines. So, please mail to Kim Jones or bring deliver to her any necessary payments to the NSDA national office after March 24th.
- All tabroom entries must be complete by Friday, March 24th; I will accept the supporting paperwork and fees after that time. These are all requirements imposed by the National Office. We cannot make exceptions. If you do not have all the required forms, and have not paid all the required fees, you will not be allowed to compete.
- Entry fee per student will be $25. Please make check payable to California Coast NFL/NSDA. NOT COAST FORENSIC LEAGUE. There are no chapter dues (this year only.)
- Judging. We will hire judges with absolutely no affiliation with any registered school. We are looking for judges from clubs, colleges or companies (any other body other than the school community.) No parents, please. The pay is $110 for the day. Have interested parties email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional questions please contact a member of our district committee.
Kim Jones, Bellarmine, District Chair
Gay Brasher, Leland
Sarah Bosch-McGuinn, Notre Dame
Brandon Garrett, Presentation
Karen Joshi, Archbishop Mitty