2016 — CA/US
Hosted by the Golden State Debate League
OPEN TO MEMBERS OF THE GSDL OR
BY INVITATION ONLY
Colina Middle School
1500 E. Hillcrest Dr.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
- Pardon Edward Snowden! (Rounds 1 & 2)
- Restricting free speech on college campuses does more harm than good. (Rounds 3 & 4)
- The United States should substantially increase the use of one or more alternative energies, including Nuclear, Solar, Wind, Hydropower, or Geothermal energy. (Round 5)
- Per MSPDP guidelines, electronic devices (i.e tablets and laptops) are now allowed during prep time. Cases do not need to be printed. HOWEVER, debaters should not access the internet during prep time
- Teams will prep for both Rounds 1 & 2 BEFORE round 1
7:30 - 8:15: Onsite registration
8:15: Judges Instructions; Coaches meet in Tabroom. Each school assigned own prep room.
8:30: Release Round 1 & 2 pairings/Prep time begins
9:10: Round 1
10:00: Round 2
11:00: Pairings for Round 3/Prep Time begins
11:20: Round 3 (Topic 2)
1:00: Release pairings round 4/Prep Time begins
1:20 Round 4 (Topic 2 -Opposite side)
2:45 Release pairings and topic for Round 5/Prep Time begins
3:05: Round 5
Each school may register 7 teams. You may also register additional waitlist teams and will be notified on Thursday, October 27th if space allows.
Lunch will be served at a price of $8 per person.