The Dak 12 tournament
2016 — SD/US
Dear Debate coaches
Schedule of events:
3:30-3:50 Registration and check in
3:50 Quick General Meeting
Round 1: 4:00-4:50
Round 2: 4:50-5:40
Round 3: 5:40-6:30
Round 4: 6:30-7:20
7:30 Awards meeting. Teams with a 3-1 or 4-0 record will receive an award.
1. The January Public Forum Resolution will be the subject of debate.
2. Competition will be based on random draw for all rounds.
3. Standard time format for each round.
1. Please submit your debate team entries and your list of judges to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, January 7 at 4:00 p.m. or through tabroom.com (all late entries will be accepted, but we would like to get an estimate of participants by this date for planning purposes)
2. Please have a least one adult judge for every two teams entered. (If you have a problem with getting judges, please let me know. As the host school, I have some extra parents and teachers willing to judge)
3. Each school may enter up to four public forum teams for competition.
4. There is no cost.
Directions to SFC
· The official address for Sioux Falls Christian is 6120 South Charger Circle.
· It is located one block east of the Cliff Avenue and 69th Street intersection.
· Take Interstate 229 to the Cliff Avenue exit and to south approximately 2.5 miles to 69th Street.
· Students may be dropped off at the main entrance to the school. Once inside, we hope to have adequate signs to direct everyone to the High School wing.
· Our school dismisses classes 3:30 p.m. and there is only one exit from our school’s parking lot, so expect traffic congestion from then until at least 3:50.
1. All of the debate rounds will take place in the high school wing of the school.
2. Gathering area. There is a large room in the high school wing where students can gather and leave their belongings.