James Nikki Rowe TFA
2021 — McAllen / NSDA Campus, TX/US
James Nikki Rowe TFA at Lamar Academy
1009 N. 10th Street
McAllen, TX 78501
The combined James Nikki Rowe and McAllen Memorial IB TFA Team (Lamar Theatre) would like to invite you to our TFA IQT on Saturday, December 4, 2021. We will be offering a one-day hybrid tournament, with IEs and Extemp being offered in-person while Congress and Debate will be hosted online through NSDA Campus. The in-person events will be hosted at Lamar Academy (1009 N. 10th Street) in McAllen, TX
We will offer the following events ONLINE through NSDA Campus: Lincoln-Douglas Debate, Novice LD, Cross-Examination, Novice CX, and Congress.
We will offer the following events IN-PERSON: Novice Extemp, Domestic Extemp, International Extemp, Dramatic Interp, Humorous Interp, Informative, Original Oratory, Program Oral Interp, Duet Acting, Duo Interp, Duet Improv, Prose, Poetry, Novice Prose, Novice Poetry, and Impromptu.
Congress: 1-15 for Prelims. 16-30 for Finals.
If a novice division does not make, it will be collapsed into its varsity counterpart. A novice is defined as a student in their first year of competition.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BY REGISTERING FOR THIS TOURNAMENT YOU AND YOUR SCHOOL ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING STIPULATIONS FOR THE IN-PERSON HALF OF THE TOURNAMENT. FAILURE TO COMPLY COULD RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE TOURNAMENT.
1. MASKS - Competitors and sponsors are REQUIRED to wear masks when not competing.
2. SOCIAL DISTANCING - Every effort will be made to provide adequate social distancing for schools. We will do our best to pre-assign tables/areas for each school in our cafeteria and gym. It is the expectation of schools to stay in their designated areas when not competing.
3. Schools should not bring students that are COVID-19 positive or who have exhibited COVID-19 symptoms within 7 days of the tournament.
4. CONTACT-TRACING - Although not required by TEA, if a student does contract COVID-19 after the tournament, the school should contact Hiram Orozco (Lamar Academy Coach) so that appropriate contract-tracing can be performed.
5. MEALS - We will be having a concession stand available throughout the day. It is the sponsor's responsibility to acquire meals for their students. A hospitality room will be provided for coaches and judges only. We will do our best to ensure that this is a pre-packaged meal option as well.
6. There should be a school-approved chaperone/sponsor with students at all times.
7. CROSS-ENTRIES - Students in IEs and Extemp may cross enter at their own risk. Debaters may not cross-enter in IEs/Extemp.
8. DEBATE TOPICS - LD & CX (including respective Novice events) will be using the NSDA topic for Nov/Dec. Congress will be using the Fall TFA Docket.
If you have any questions or concerns you may contact Hiram Orozco via phone/text at (202) 503-4825 or via email at email@example.com.
We look forward to hosting you and your team!
Hiram Alexander Orozco
Theatre Arts Director
1009 N. 10th Street McAllen, TX 78501