Potomac 2021 GOATS
2021 — MD/US
Potomac 2021 GOATS
Here are the details to the tourney:
- JUDGES- Please DO NOT disclose in your rounds. This is an internal tournament that is meant to be a fun way for students to prepare for the upcoming season. As such, we welcome feedback and suggestions to be given after rounds, but please DO NOT disclose winners.
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/
93672652824?pwd= UE04Z3gwVWFZQjJVZUk5dzJpeDNsQT 09
- Password: GOATS (with an S and in all caps)
- Check-in for all judges and competitors: 10:30 AM EDT
- Round 1: 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM EDT
- Round 2: 12:30 PM to 2:00 PM EDT
- Round 3: 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM EDT
- Round 4: 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM EDT
- Finals 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM EDT (Seed 1 goes against Seed 2, Seed 3 goes against Seed 4)
- Camera Use and Names in Zoom: In order to make things as easy as possible for us to pair/place teams and judges into rooms we are asking teams to label themselves in Zoom with their team name first and the student name second (ex: Potomac CC: Kirsten Craft or Potomac CC: Elisa Chen). This will let us find partnerships within Zoom so we make sure we get students into the proper breakout room. Judges, we ask that you list your name and put judge in front of your name (ex: Judge – Kirsten Craft) so we can more easily find you all within Zoom).
- We will be using four minutes of prep per side.
- Disclosure is welcome.
- ONLY Potomac debaters are allowed as spectators. All observers must be able to identify themselves.
- Evidence can be exchanged via chat.
- ONLY Potomac debaters are allowed as spectators. Thus, all observers must identify themselves. THAT MEANS ALL OBSERVERS MUST HAVE THEIR CAMERAS ON WHEN CHECKING IN. You can turn your cameras off later on during rounds.
- Observers may stay as long as they like, whether that's for just one round or the whole tournament :).
- Camera Use and Names in Zoom: In order to make it as easy as possible for us to place observers, we are asking all observers to label themselves in Zoom with their first and last name (ex: Potomac Observer Joe Smith). If you want to observe a specific room, just put the room number IN FRONT of "Potomac Observer." If we don't see a specific room, we will assume you are okay with being placed into any room.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE TO MUTE YOURSELVES WHILE OBSERVING. If there are any complaints at all about observer disruption, you will be kicked out of the Zoom.