Verdigris End of Season Invitational
2021 — NSDA Campus, OK/US
End of Season Invitational - 2021
- Coach: Deleea Meeker
- Cell Number:(918) 430-8596
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When:Thursday, February 24 - Saturday, February 26
- What: All events sanctioned by the O.S.S.A.A.
- Who: Novice, 3A, 4A, & Champs
- Where: online - NSDA campus
Entries are due by Monday, February 22nd at 5:00 p.m. Please register on tabroom @http://verdigristournament.tabroom.com/
Adds will be taken until Tuesday, February 23rd at 5:00 p.m.
- All divisions will be assessed according to the original entry and O.S.S.A.A. guidelines.
- Drops see O.S.S.A.A. rulebook.
ASYNC Videos must be uploaded by Wednesday, February 24th at 5:00 p.m.
Judges must be confirmed by Wednesday, February 24th at 5:00 p.m.
- The judge requirements are listed below:
- 2 CX Teams = 1 judge, 3-4 teams = 2 Judges
- 4 LD Debaters = 1 judge, 5-8 = 2 Judges, 9-12 = 3
- 12 I.E. Entries = 1 judge, 13-24 = 2 Judges, 24-36 = 3, 37-48 = 4
- $4 for each individual event
- $5 for each LD debate entry
- $8 for duets
- $10 for each CX and/or PF debate team
- Make checks and purchase orders out to
- VERDIGRIS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- 26501 S 4110 Road
- Claremore, Oklahoma 74019
- You will be able to access your invoice on tabroom after the tournament.
Tentative Asynchronous Schedule:
- Thursday Asynchronous events: We will release Thursday ballots at 8:00 am and judges will have until 9:00 pm to judge their rounds. If a judge is available to judge more than 1 round, they will be assigned multiple rounds.
- Friday Asynchronous events: We will release Friday ballots at 8:00 am and judges will have until 9:00 pm to judge their rounds. If a judge is available to judge more than 1 round, they will be assigned multiple rounds.
- If needed, we will have rounds on Saturday.
Debate/Extemp will be on Saturday starting at 8:00.
- Champ LD will debate the March/April Topic
- Champ PF will debate the March Topic
- Debate Judges will need to be available Saturday
- A schedule will be shared later in the week.
- Debaters must be prepared to share evidence.
- An easy way to share evidence is to use google docs.
- Students can create a doc, label it the tournament, make the link shareable and put the link in the chat, then copy and paste the evidence in the doc. so both judges and opponents can pull it up. Students can use the test page to practice sharing evidence
- Please note when your judges are available to judge each day. (A judge needs to be available at least three of the Thursday and Friday windows to count; you may combine partial judges to meet your required number. Please also note if a judge would be available for Saturday, if needed. We really hope to have all synchronous events completed by Friday night.)
- Please make sure all your students are on the OSSAA website
- All competitors & judges must have a tabroom account and be linked to your school.
- Please make sure your competitors and judges are able to login into their tabroom account and can access their email and account at your school.
- All Asynchronous performance will have to be linked in tabroom.
- Jason Paris from Cherokee has put together a tutorial if you, your students, and/or your judges need help creating accounts, using, and judging on tabroom and linking student performances.
- Here is the link to his tutorial videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCzL_tPsphMqIlmKGXrSmyoJrpFx4YKGe
- Please make sure you, your students, and your judges test NSDA campus on the network you are going to use to judge and compete by going to https://campus.speechanddebate.org/
- When your students and judges test NSDA campus, have them find where they can adjust the video quality. Judges and competitors should adjust the video quality to low or standard definition to help the connection.