Knights Joust Novice at Lone Peak
I am excited to invite you and your speech and debate teams to kick of the season at at the Knight’s Joust Novice Tournament at Lone Peak on October 4-5, 2019.
Please click here for a nice, concise version of everything you need to know. If I have left anything out, please contact me at the e-mail address listed in the tournament invitation.
There are a few points I need to emphasize:
(1) The new NSDA time limits will be used in Public Forum Debate. Summary speeches are now 3 minutes long, and each team has 3 minutes prep time. All other times remain the same. You can click here and scroll down to page 24, to read the NSDA's rule changes for Public Forum Debate.
(2) Since this is a novice tournament, debaters are required to debate the actual resolution. That means no progressive arguments in Policy, Public Forum or Lincoln Douglas Debate. Frameworks in Public Forum Debate are allowed, but not necessary.
(3) Extemp questions will be taken from the list posted on the tournament website, which are not necessarily the same as the NFHS September topics.
(4) Please note the definition of "Novice" in the tournament invitation. It is not the same as the UDCA definition.
(5) Due to unforeseen interest, I have added Duo Interpretation to the slate of speech events on Friday.