7th Annual Robert Garcia Invitational
2017 — Mountain View, CA/US
Text of message
Good morning everyone!
Thanks so much for your attendance and cooperation yesterday. I'm very pleased that things ran more or less on time and, in some cases, ahead of schedule. Thanks!
A few things for Elim day:
1. Please remember that ALL JUDGES are committed for ONE ROUND PAST THE ELIMINATION OF THEIR SCHOOL'S LAST ENTRY in their event. This means, for example, that if I was an LD judge and the school I am with had an LDer in the quarterfinals, I would be obligated to judge the semi-finals. This requirement is totally standard at invitational tournaments because it would be impossible to panel elimination rounds without it. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.
2. Please show up for round 5 regardless of what you think your team's record might be. If you leave before preliminary rounds are over, you are doing a disservice to your opponents as well as the octafinals participants who will not have a judge. Again, this is completely standard at invitational tournaments. We will be salty and issue fines to those who bail early because things did not go as they'd hoped in the prelims.
3. It takes a 3-2 record to be eligible for elimination rounds. In policy debate, it appears that all teams with a 3-2 record will advance. In LD and PF, some 3-2's will not advance based on their speaker points. Be advised.
4. We will have an awards ceremony in the cafeteria around 2pm during lunch. Students who receive an award while they are still debating in elims will have their trophies delivered to them. It's a good look to get your trophy while you are debating in elims.
5. Judges - please remember to hit the "start round" button on tabroom once all you and all debaters are present in the room so that we know everything is on track.
THANK YOU ALL-----------------------------
All Registrants of 7th Annual Robert Garcia InvitationalPolicy Judges judges LD Judges judges PF Judges judges