2017 — Bingham High School, UT/US
Text of message:
Thank you for choosing to come to Copper Classic, we are excited to host you all! In order to make things go as smoothly as possible, please note the following reminders:
1. All debate judges must have linked accounts. If you have entries in open or novice PF, LD, or Policy, your judge(s) must have a tabroom.com account that is attached to an email address. This is so that we can use online ballots which will save paper and time. It will allow tabroom to make sure all the judges who are signed up are judging rounds and prevent having to push ballots. If you do not know how to link a judge's account, please reply to this email and let me know; I will help you do it.
2. Tomorrow (5 pm) is the deadline for entries. If you do not register your teams by tomorrow, they will not be able to compete. You will be allowed to drop your own entries up until the start of the tournament.
3. Tomorrow (5 pm) is the deadline for judges. You must have all your judges entered by this time.
4. Prefs open tomorrow (5 pm). This is only relevant for varsity Policy. If you do not know what prefs are and you have a team entered in varsity Policy, please respond to this email and I will explain what they are and how to do them.
5. Keep your teams on the waitlist. I will admit as many as I possibly can. The days leading up to the tournament is when most drops happen, so I anticipate a large number of entries will get off the waitlist.
6. Speech and Congress are at South Jordan Middle School. This is a change from last year; Congress was held at the high school last year. Please make sure that all your Congress entries and Congress judges are dropped off at the middle school.
7. Have your busses go to the high school first, then to the middle school. This is because the middle school doesn't get out unitl 3:00 pm, and the administration is nervous about having so many high schoolers at the same time as their students.
8. Have busses wait in the north parking lot at Bingham.
9. On Saturday, the middle school will finish before the high school. This means that teams who have entries at the middle school (IEs and Congress) AND the high school (Debate) will need to find a way to transport their kids from the middle school to the high school at sometime between 5 and 7 pm. We need to close down the building as soon as we possibly can, and we obviously cannot close it down if there are still students there.
Again, thank you for choosing to come to Copper Classic, and please let me know if you have any further questions.
All Registrants of Copper Classic