2015 — CT/US
Text of message:
Unless something big comes up, this will be my last email to you all before tomorrow morning. Please make sure your students and judges in the Parli division get this information.
1. Registration in Dwight Chapel--You do this tonight between 7-8PM, and unless you need to drop off a check you can do it by phone. If you need to drop off a check on Saturday morning you can do it between 8AM and 10AM. Come to Parli General Assembly at 8AM first, and we will arrange your judging assignment so you can go down to Dwight after we start the first round.
IF YOU ARE A JUDGE OR A DEBATE TEAM IN PARLI AND YOU GO TO DWIGHT CHAPEL AT 8AM ON SATURDAY YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE! YOU WILL LIKELY MISS GENERAL ASSEMBLY AND THE FIRST ROUND! WE WILL NOT--EMPHASIZE NOT--WAIT FOR YOU!
2. General Assembly for Parli is in Sterling Chemistry Lab Room 110. Sterling Chem is at 225 Prospect Street. It is across from Sterling Physics Lab where we have been for the past two years. As you enter the building, go up the main staircase and turn right.
WE WANT TO START GA AT 8AM. THAT MEANS YOU SHOULD BE THERE BEFORE 8AM.
Yale is building in a lot of places, and in particular, building two new colleges on Prospect Street across from Science Hill, so Prospect Street narrows in places and some of the parking spaces are closed off.
3. My plan is to check off teams and judges as they arrive on Saturday morning. So look for a table outside the room set up for that purpose. Things run better if we know who is actually physically present.
4. The three documents I mentioned in an earlier email--Parli Style Guide, Parli Judge Instructions, and Parli Operating Instructions--are available to download on the main tournament page to the lower right. I will have hardcopies for teams and judges on Saturday morning, but your teams and judges should have read them ahead of time.
5. At the moment we have 80 teams, so no more teams will be taken off the wait list.
6. The rooms we have are in several different buildings, one of which is two long blocks from Sterling Chem, and another is down a steep flight of stairs. Debaters and judges should expect to have to do some walking. The weather is supposed to be great. Choose your footwear carefully!
If you have any questions, please email me today. I will be up fairly late. The morning will be very busy and I will not have time to chat or check emails until later in the day.
Safe travel and good luck to everyone tomorrow!
All Registrants of Yale Invitational