2015 — CT/US
Text of message:
This is just a friendly reminder that your legislation is due next Wednesday. Please note the following:
- All legislation MUST use the provided tournament templates;
- Please type directly onto the templates and do not play around with the formatting;
- Legislation should be saved as Student Last Name_First Initial_School.docx;
- Bills are for legislation items Congress can actually enact;
- Resolutions are for issues that Congress would like to see others take;
- Amendments change the Constitution;
- A student may submit one unique (meaning a bill for them and not the school) piece of legislation; and
- All schools must submit at least one piece of legislation.
Also, this year we have accepted our largest number of students ever. This means that we will be tightening up some of our protocals in order to ensure a smooth release of chamber assignments and legislation. Please take note of the following:
- Legislation submitted by Monday night at 6:00 will be open to revision. Improperly formatted pieces of legislation shall be sent back with notes on what needs to be changed and legislation properly formatted and resubmitted before the deadline shall be accepted.
- Legislation submitted after Monday's 6:00 pm deadline shall not be reviewed. Improperly formatted legislation shall not be included in the legislation packet.
- Legislation submitted after Wednesday's deadline shall not be accepted.
- Legislation sent via Google docs, in a .pdf format, or without legislation lines shall be rejected.
We have prided ourselves on the quick turnaround time we provide in regards to the production of the legislation packet. This is only achievable when everyone uses the templates as it makes the merging process seemless.
Thanks as always for your cooperation. I am looking forward to an amazing tournament.
Schools registered for Yale Invitational with entries in: Congress