Valley Forge District Tournament
Text of message
Good morning Coaches and Judges:
Here is a quick rundown on our tournament status.
1. Senate and House finished yesterday.
2. Policy debate will start round 3 this morning. This event should finish via round 4. If assigned to policy, you will be part of a three judge panel.
3. Public Forum debate will start round 4 this morning. This event should finish on or about round 6 today. If assigned to public forum, you will be part of a three judge panel.
4. Lincoln-Douglas debate will start round 4 this morning. This event should finish on or about round 7 today. If assigned to Lincoln-Douglas, you will be part of a three judge panel.
5. International extemp and US extemp will start round 3 this morning. Rounds 3 and 4 of the extemps feature two judge panels. Please wait for both judges. Remember that this is a limited preparation event, so the students ready their speeches before coming to speak one by one. Many students in extemp are double entered. After rounds 3 and 4, extemp will progress to three judge panel semifinals and finals.
6. Original oratory will start round 3 this morning. Rounds 3 and 4 of OO will have two judge panels. We will then have semifinals and finals with three judge panels.
7. All of speech events - informative, humorous, dramatic, duo, program oral interpretation - will have round 3 this morning (HI not quite at 9:30 am - we just simply do not enough judges that fit) with a two judge panel, then go to a final round with three judges.
In all instances, we really need judges to make prompt decisions, entering win or loss or ranks within five minutes of the end of each competition.
Many of our students are double-entered, so patience and understanding for students navigating multiple worlds is most appreciated.
It is hard to predict the precise sequencing of the day, because while we can sometimes advance a single event, the very existing of double entry means our plan must be staggered so the students can navigate their rounds.
We appreciate the effort of all coaches, students, judges, host team, and tab staff to make this event successful so far in reaching this point in the schedule. NSDA districts is a tournament like no other and it is only so with the collective excellence of all involved.
We will celebrate much success after the events conclude, with special awards for student, administrator, and volunteer of the year. The district will announce our national qualifiers this afternoon/evening, and select two five-person worlds schools teams to represent Valley Forge.
I recognize that sometimes this weekend seems hectic, perhaps frantic, and I just wanted to brief everyone on the road map ahead and the progress made so far.
Have a wonderful day!
Tournament : Valley Forge District Tournament
Email sent to: All Registered Schools All Registered Schools With Entries ALL judges