Barkley Forum for High Schools
2020 — Atlanta, GA/US
Text of message
Hello, coaches! Please read these important updates/reminders:
1. Drop deadline is Friday! (except for Congresssional Debate, which has already passed).
2. Enter all adults coming with you – the university has asked us to have a better sense of ANY adult who will be on campus with each school for the safety of the students who are attending the tournament. To accomplish this, we ask that you add every adult/coach who will be attending with you as a judge for zero rounds if they are affiliated with your school but not judging. If you have questions or need help with how to do this, please reach out to the tournament administrator. Thank you for your help with this university-wide initiative.
3. Records: We need everyone (Member and Non-member schools) to update the records/qualifiers for Pelham, LD, and PF entries for seeding purposes if you have not done so already.
4. Judges: Please make sure your judge information is up-to-date. This helps ensure pref sheets are accurate in applicable divisions. (Prefs will go up next week.) Also, make sure judges are aware we are using electronic balloting in all divisions, so they need to bring the necessary technology.
5. Pelham Debates starting early: Pelham Debates will begin on campus at 1:30 p.m. You will be responsible for paying for parking (separate email coming about those locations next Monday). All other divisions, please do NOT arrive on the Emory campus before 4:00, when parking decks open.
6. Electronic Registration: If you are not coming to registration from 9:30-11:00 on 1/24, it is essential that you log into tabroom on the morning of 1/24 and check in electronically. If you are planning to do electronic registration the morning of the tournament and have not yet sent your entry fees, please get those in the mail ASAP to ensure we receive those prior to the tournament.
7. Schedules are posted on the main tournament page under the first link under “Tournament Pages and Forms.”
8. Open House with Tabroom Creator. Chris Palmer, who runs our Lincoln Douglas division, will make himself available to answer questions or explain aspects of the tournament tabulation process during registration from 9:30-10:30 in the ballroom of the Marriott Century Center on 1/24. The goal is to make the back end of tournament administration less mystifying. There's no set agenda; bring your questions or things you'd like to be more familiar with, and he'll explain as best he can. We can cover aspects of tabbing in theory, such as how powermatching works or how tab rooms handle pref sheets; he can explain how to do things in practice using Tabroom.com.
9. Please let us know if you have any special parking needs.
10. Social Justice Award finalists have been announced. Congratulations to:
Suchetas Bokil – Alpharetta High School (GA)
Michael Evrard-Vescio – FAU High School (FL)
Shilpa Gunuganti – Saint Mary’s Hall (TX)
The award recipient will be announced at the opening awards assembly on Friday, January 24th at 11:00 a.m. in the Marriott Century Center Ballroom.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Early next week, we will be posting detailed campus maps, prefs info, etc. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any questions!
Your BFHS Staff
Email sent to: All Registered Schools