UNLV Middle School Debate Tournament
2019 — Las Vegas, NV/US
Text of message
I'm looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday! Registration is in CBC-C 324 from 7:45-8:15. The room will not be open before 7:45, so there is no point in showing up before then.
Here are a few important tournament reminders. Please make sure to distribute these reminders to your students/parents/chaperones/etc.
1) ALL of the rounds will take place in the CBC-C building on the UNLV Campus. UNLV has a mobile app (UNLV Mobile) with an interactive “Locate a Building” function. Please download it to your phone and encourage your students to do the same... It will help you all find your way around the campus. If you happen to not have a smartphone, there is an interactive map online that you can access at https://www.unlv.edu/maps/campus.
2) Use "UNLV Guest" wifi network while you’re on UNLV campus; there is no password. You will have to check an “accept the terms” box on a pop-up and click the “submit” button.
3) Registration and the main tabroom will be in CBC-C 324. Breakfast/coffee will be available in the morning outside of CBC-C 324 starting at 7:45. Lunch will be served in or around CBC in a location TBD.
4) The closest parking lot to the CBC building is labeled as "lot N" on the interactive UNLV campus map. It is in the southwest region of the campus and can be accessed from Harmon Avenue off of Swenson St. You can also park in the large surface lot in front of the Student Union, although it is farther away from the CBC building than “lot N” is. Parking on campus on the weekends is free in any regular surface lot parking space marked “student” or “staff.” Please do NOT illegally park in any spot labeled “Handicapped,” “Reserved,” etc.
5) Rounds start at 8:30 am, and must start on time.
6) Everything (pairings/postings/voting/schedule, etc.) for this tournament is done through tabroom.com. The tournament website is: http://unlvmsdebate.tabroom.com. Paper copies of the pairings for the PF debates will be available during registration starting at 7:45 am.
7) Please respect the UNLV campus
--Do not leave messes in the rooms or common areas. Pick up after yourselves. Our ability to continue hosting tournaments on our campus depends on this.
--Do not touch or move any classroom technology. Please stay away from overhead projectors, computers, keyboards, touch screens, etc.
8) HAVE FUN!!! We want every participant to have a fantastic and memorable experience here at the UNLV Middle School Invitational Tournament!
Thank you all!!!
All Registered Schools All Registered Schools With Entries