Jean Ward Invitational
2019 — Portland, OR, OR/US
Text of message:
Hello all! Two days away!
A few announcements this evening:
1. I was able to get tabroom to do what I wanted regarding invoices, so those are now available. They include any hired judge fees and all food that you asked to be invoiced. If there is an error, please let me know!
If you would like to pay via credit card, we can accept credit cards for payment this year. Go to this link:
The title will say “Pioneer Debate Institute” (the name of our summer debate camp) but it is the same account. Just put anything under "registration type"
Of course, cash, check or PO is accepted as well.
2. There are maps of the campus available on the main tabroom webpage for the tournament. I have identified locations of where prelims in all events will be, so it might be helpful to share these with your students so they can get an idea which buildings we will be using. We use the same buildings for each event so that it becomes a little more predictable for students to find their way.
3. I have also posted a master schedule on the main tabroom webpage. I have made a few small adjustments:
- Moved things back 15 minutes to account for lunch lines in the dining hall on Saturday (all rounds after 1:00)
- Added the possibility of double octofinals
- I also moved the start of Round 6 of Open LD from 9:30 to 10:00 on Sunday. I realized that since policy will be back on main campus, we might have room conflicts that I wanted to avoid.
- I have identified which individual events will have semis; which events will go straight to a final round at 8:15 on Sunday morning; and which events will go to a final round at 11:15 on Sunday.
4. For lunch on Saturday- the dining hall seats 385 and we currently have 425 people signed up to eat. That's not a problem, but in order to lessen congestion- if you are debate only and do not have an IE at the beginning of the dining hall hours (11:00 am-1:00 pm) please eat at the beginning. That will allow students getting out of their IEs between 12:00-12:30 to get in without massive lines.
One more set of announcements tomorrow.
Please continue to make sure your judges have tabroom accounts. We will have a short training at 7:45 am in the Templeton Council Chamber (judges room) on how to use online ballots.
All Registrants of Jean Ward Invitational